• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Does anyone else have issues with kissing because of hyper sensitivity!

zipple

So I don't always hate kissing... But I'm very hypersensitive to taste and smell (and am the pickiest eater ever BTW). So sometimes, if someone has eaten something that I'm sensitive to, it makes kissing very uncomfortable for me.

One time this happened with my last girlfriend. It actually effected my kissing and made me withdraw a little bit. She then said "Don't you like kissing me any more?" I'm not sure if she was trying to be sarcastic or serious... But I instinctively responded with out thinking... I said "sometimes." Witch I guess was a literal answer. [emoji15]

She didn't take that to well and asked what I meant... Then I just made things worse. I didn't want to explain what the problem was, because I was afraid that she would take it as a personal insult. People never believe me or seem to understand how devastating certain taste are to me... I also didn't want to lie to her, so I opted to take the "being vague approach." I just tried to reassure her that it was nothing to do with her, and that there were just certain things about kissing that I didn't like sometimes.

That wasn't what ended our relationship.... But I think "it" and stuff like that were a factor. [emoji20]

I'm just curious if anyone else has had any similar experiences.

Last edited:
Absolutely. Kissing feels like being smothered. I can't stand it. Kissing not on the mouth--arms, cheeks, forehead--is sometimes okay. Although my husband once kissed my ear and I was so startled I slapped him...

I prefer it on other body parts myself? However you should give your lover some play time with your body just so he knows you care....

Yeah it is too intense sometimes. Especially if somebody doesn't want to shave his face, then it's almost intolerable. Which makes me flinch, which annoys him because "it's not that bad". Coming from a person with no sensory issues who isn't trying to make out with a porcupine. Grumble grumble.

I haven't kissed anyone (yet) but I imagine it may be a problem for me. I don't like hugs due to sensory issues so I don't think I'd like kisses either.

I love it but only when I'm anticipating it. If someone just lands one on me without me expecting it, I feel claustrophobic.

The person has to be good at it too. If the person sucks at kissing, I suck at it too. If they are awesome at it, well, I can usually match it. Lol!

New Threads

Top Bottom