• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Does anyone else dislike, hate or fear being photographed?

Do you dislike, hate or fear being photographed?

• Total voters
I'm a bit of a ham, though I do want to know what the photo is going to be used for. For example, I'd rather not end up on Facebook or as a meme.:rolleyes:
A pig who's a ham!
Sorry but that tickled my funny bone!:p

On the subject at hand, I usually don't like having my photo taken unless I've planned for it in advance. Not good with surprise shots.
I like photography but mostly more arty stuff. Not into happy snaps.

I never look natural, people laugh at me as I look goofy, totally weird, I've tried the Chandler from Freinds method , but that doesn't work either.

Hi everyone, I am a first year Photography student at London Metropolitan university and I am very interested about the topic you are discussing here. I have an idea for a project showing people having a fear of being photographed. My idea was inspired by my boyfriend who reacted really strange once when I was trying to take a picture of him. When I asked him why he is acting weird he said most of the time he doesn't feel right when someone is pointing a camera in his face for no reason and he used words as "stealing my soul and indentity ".
I know for most of you is gonna sounds crazy when someone is talking about doing a project involving people who doesn't like to be photographed but I want to show with this work that there is a people who are not using snapchat every 2 minutes and this is a real problem in this digital world we lived in. My research so far are showing me that there is a different reasons for this fear and I want to document them in a pictures. The concept of the images will be different than a usual portrait for example it will show the back of the person or just a body part (hand,feet)..If anyone is willing to work with me or at least to share their feeling about it please contact me.

IMG_0089.JPG

It depends on who is taking the picture. If my brother is trying to take my picture, I know he will insert it into whatever face warping app he is currently playing with. If it's my mom, I know I will be there for hours and forced to do a bunch of poses. If anyone else takes the picture, I'm fine with it.

Yes, I can't stand the way I look in photos. I'm very animated in real life and it doesn't translate well to cameras. My face looks like a mishappen potato in 90% of the pictures! To make thing worse, my sister is a model and looks perfect in every shot with zero effort, so she constantly tries to take photos of everyone at every event.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom