• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you think this is right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kit

There is a person online who I feel I should warn people about. She is very deluded, makes false accusations, is insane and crazy and maybe a schizo. I had a bad experience with her and I noticed her behavior on a forum that got her banned. I feel I should tell people about her if they like her or wish to be her friend so they have a heads up. She's even been banned from another forum twice. I feel if I don't tell them and they get hurt by that person, it be my fault because I didn't tell the person so therefore I let it happen. If I told the person about someone who is bad news, that person would take caution and can make their own choices about rather to be with that person or steer clear of them. If they make a choice by being their friend, it won't be my fault because I told them and they choose to be that person's friend anyway.

I think this because I got stalked by a guy my age when I was 18 and he seemed harmless at first and fun to talk to but his behavior changed and he was harassing me on IM. Sure it was harmless because he wasn't threatening me with any violence like coming over to my house to hurt me. But I felt unsafe and tense. He was hard to get rid of. It made me wish someone warned me about him so I would know ahead of time. I also figured out other people maybe had problems with him too because I notice he have warnings next to his screen name. When I asked him about it, he said other people are mean to him when he talks, he accused me of being mean to him also so I figured they do have the same issues with him I have. But I have heard the talk about him at a forum and other people even had issues with him in email because I heard stories the members there were saying.

So do you think it's right to warn others about a person if you feel they are bad news?
One of my friends thinks it's right. I think it's right. Someone else here agreed with me this is right. I know someone else here might not agree with this because of our conflicts we had here about my issues.

No I am not talking about sinsboldly lol.

Tell them the good and bad things and everything; freedom of the press is good. Tell as many as you have time to tell, but be positive... I mean, like, say "Hey, you know what? This just happened." Like it's interesting.

No. Let others figure it out. It's not fair for the whole world to pass judgment on someone based on just YOUR perceptions, which may not even be correct.

But I wished I was warned about my stalker. I wish I knew he had a history of harassing people online. But I guess it's a sick world out there. People tend to get defensive when you tell someone something bad about their friend about what they did to you.

Now I don't care anymore because it's in the past and the issue is five years over. Oh well this was about something else and I kept it vague and I got my answer. I'm sure some people here knew who I was talking about.

I assume that it is an active member of this forum because if it wasn't you would most likely have said so.

It is a tough call. A lot of Aspies don't necessarily pick up on the obvious signs and treat people with the appropriate level of caution.

Really, unless you seriously consider that this person is a danger to others, you shouldn't do any more than make the admins of the forum aware of them.

To be honest, personally I don't like statements of this sort, of course now I have not been around for very long on this forum and you all seem to know each other pretty well and probably all know who she is talking about. But of course one tends to think, oh dear! hope she's not talking about me ! The way this is written is quite unfair on whom ever is concerned.
Now of course I do not know you at all(other than I have seen you around on forums), but who knows? People can have strange thoughts (and I for one am no mind reader).

No that person isn't here and I am not going to say the name or the forum. I am trying to get over this issue and the feelings keep coming back when I think I am fully over it. I have put that person on ignore at I2 and I pretend that person is a forum bot at another forum. The person has schizoaffective disorder. Claims I'm psycho and all and a big manipulator and pretended to be her friend. It's upsetting she maybe got the mods to side with her because she didn't get banned when she started **** on the forum again and posting personal attacks and phishing. Well that **** stopped because I haven't seen her do it lately. She was supposed to be on her third try and then perm ban if she breaks another rule.

I am trying to keep my drama off the forums now and keep it in PM or IM. When I post about it, I try and make it vague. Okay some of you probably know who I am talking about anyway.

I'm just the type of person who prefers to be warned about others so I know to stay away from that person or watch out what I do to them. I guess not everyone likes to be warned and I notice people get defensive when someone tells them something bad about their friend. When I was in my last relationship, my parents didn't even confront me about the abuse because they knew I would defend him about his actions. My ex didn't hit me or anything, he was very emotionally abusive so for a while I used to post **** about him at WP because I was suffering. I wasn't warning anyone about him, I was releasing it and it was also revenge for him being ignorant and stupid and everything and being rude to me on the phone. I see it as killing two birds with one stone. I never mentioned his WP name and he never reported me to the mods so I got away with it. Then when I got over him and didn't feel so angry anymore, the obsession went away and I stopped talking about him. This other person just makes me very angry. If she ever does join here, she is going on my ignore. I wish the other forum had one but the members voted it down when my friend did a poll on it. They have no idea then. They said no point in the ignore if you can report the posts to the mods and the member will get banned eventually.

And Ruby's response offended me because it felt like she was calling me a liar for what this person did to me. How is this a perception? How can I be wrong about what someone did to me? It's like a teen getting raped and she tells about it and people don't believe her so they shun her about it because they believe the guy would never do such a thing. He is so sweet and nice. This other person is so sweet and innocent in her posts you might never guess she is ****ing evil. But at times you see her mood change and she is a ***** and acts trollish. Now I'm pissed again.

Mods lock this please because I am not going to go back to this thread again and I am going to try and keep this issue off the forums so I can keep trying to move forward.

@League Girl - This thread is going to be locked as requested. Your wish has been granted.

Please can we can we all not fight in threads, it would only cause conflicts and more arguments, try and talk to each other via PM or IM (if possible), that should do the trick. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom