• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you relate to animals more than people?

One time my colleagues recommended me the "Human centipede" movie and said that this is such inexpressible horror that even guys were not able to view it to the end (this is actually a BDSM-related movie which is focused on a human sufferings). I watched it and after this said: "Well... but where is the horror?". And all colleagues said that I have a iron nerves but several of them said that I'm probably a dangerous maniac:bounce:
I seen that film not necesarly scary but horible! dont see why anybody would want to make it or watch it. Unlless they enjoy inflicting pain on others in witch case id like to see them suffer. Some nut cases out there to think things like this up.

Yes, it's a lot easier for me to relate and bond with animals.

Human beings hide their thoughts and feelings and this is confusing to me, I feel stressed and unhappy interacting this way.
Animals never do this, their company helps me get in touch with a side of my personality that I can rarely express around people. There's no need for words, convoluted thoughts, no need to impress anyone and no social rules to follow. I can be myself.
When I was alone with my cat, I felt like we could read each other's mind; I miss that kind of natural understanding with people.
You be suprised what animals think and know. I dont know bout you but i think they have ways of comunicating that people have forgoten over generatoin. Dogs are incredible in not only what they can smell but some can pick up on what your thinking, not in great detail but they know if your well or your aggressive etc your emotoins.
. I live with family with 5 dogs and you only gota think bout taken the indoor ones for walk(by think i literlly mean think or say to familly) and the garden dogs start going crazy howling as to say take me! And if i sneak out the top two out (they in kennels) the ones inside know everytime. They also know bout minute before that dads coming home from work as they get ready to meet him waiting by front door!

Last edited:
I can relate to my family (they're very supportive) but I relate to animals much better than say, people that I don't know that well. I really love otters and dogs

I can't totally admit to this. Even that I've read lots of animal psychology, I truly can't think of being so wise that I could really know what animals do think. Even being able to read and anticipate reactions of most animals I would never say I understand them, because there's so much I can't never know. Both people and animals can have so many reasons not to show their emotions or react the way it's easy for me to misinterpret - and for me as an aspie there's resource of infinite possible situations to fail on showing my emotions right so either of those will understand all the time.

In the other hand, yes. I do manage better with some animals than with most people. And I don't speak only of caged animals, but also ones from wildlife.

New Threads

Top Bottom