• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you prefer Night? Darkness?

To me, both daytime and nighttime have it's qualities, yet I find myself being more of a night owl. I love staying up at night when I can, admiring the atmosphere and peacefulness. The stars and the moon are so mysterious and fascinating. I especially love the nighttime when it's raining or storming. I'm more creative at night and think of some great ideas at night rather than day. I'm also much more active, and accomplish many things at night. I also like mornings to, the fresh air, the birds singing, and the sunshine. The start of a new day reassures me. The daytime is beautiful to in it's own way, but I absolutely love everything about nighttime.

I don't prefer the night but I love it. The darkness makes me feel secure and cozy especially when I have a dim light on. I always feel very alive at night. Cities at night are beautiful. San Francisco gets nice and chilly with a breeze and seeing all the lit up buildings is amazing.

I prefer the night. daytime is too bright and there is too many colours and noises. In the night the air is fresh, everything is reduced to muted shades, only artificial, moon and starlight illuminates, what few people are outside keep to themselves, and I can conceal myself from people quickly and easily (whenever the opportunity presents itself for me to duck out of the vision of another person: I will).

I like night! daytime has so much glare that I find it difficult to see far. I actually see better at night. The night air smells fresh, there is less noise, everything is in muted shades, people are usually at work or in their houses, and I can easily hide form the odd stranger that comes my way (even in daytime, if I have the chance, I will conceal my presence from others).

A lovely cool but sunny spring day is very invigorating though! I love the flowers and the insect life!

I love walking at night in summer and fall. I go the the riverfront close to my apartment, and sit on the bench gazing at the stars. There's always a breeze and I love the sound of the waves. The other night hawks I see are talking quietly and keep to themselves. The low murmurs of their conversation soothes me.

I have always been a night person and I'm at my most alert and creative then. I write poetry, knit or crochet, and it's my best time to do housework. The only problem is that I have to be careful to keep the noise down, so no music as I clean. I love being up when the street below is relatively quiet. No buses run after midnight, there are less emergency vehicles passing by with their sirens on. After 3:00 in the morning, you don't hear fighting, or drunken people yelling outside. It's wonderful.

The night is when I can think clearly and my ideas flow, I feel more positive about myself and feel more cheerful. I love the stars, the lights of the town and calls of the Moreporks (Owls), its my time to feel alive.

I'm really sensitive to the light, to the point that its almost painful being outside in direct sunlight.
The darkness of the night feels like the place I should be, it comforts me. It's even better when it rains!

Rain + Night = Day made.

To me, both daytime and nighttime have it's qualities, yet I find myself being more of a night owl. I love staying up at night when I can, admiring the atmosphere and peacefulness. The stars and the moon are so mysterious and fascinating. I especially love the nighttime when it's raining or storming. I'm more creative at night and think of some great ideas at night rather than day. I'm also much more active, and accomplish many things at night. I also like mornings to, the fresh air, the birds singing, and the sunshine. The start of a new day reassures me. The daytime is beautiful to in it's own way, but I absolutely love everything about nighttime.

I do perform better at night, I must admit. My mind is sharper later in the day. It is nice and peaceful too.

I also enjoy it when it's raining outside, and I'm home; either working away on something, or rugged up in bed. You should check out www.rainymood.com. For when it's not raining :)

I'm actually at my best in the early morning. But I hate bright sunlight. I love to wake up when it's still dark.

What I tend to like is a little strange. I've worked nights for 12 years now so I'm used to staying up all night. The few friends I have work and stay up nights (including my Mama). I don't know why, but I specifically don't like the daytime hours from 11 am to 4 pm during any season. I love cool (65-low 70's) spring days (all day) when the sun is really bright and the air looks fresh and clean. I don't like any part of winter. I used to like going to the grocery store at 2am when no one was there and I could wiz through the isles and have the checkout person actually waiting to see if I was ready to check out yet. And I would also go and wash the car at night when no one else was around. Things have changed though in the last couple of years and I have had a few close calls at both the grocery store and car wash. I do both activities during the day now. :( Anyway, I also don't like really bright sunlight, but I do like really bright fluorescent lights when I'm at work - it helps to keep me awake and alert and for some weird reason, I feel warmer. I'm a little "unique", I guess.

I'm just stoked to have noticed last night how much longer it took before the sun went down. Felt like I got another 45 minutes of daylight I didn't have or notice only the day before. This is good!

I have sensory issues like light sensitivity and sensitivity to sound so I prefer night because it is generally quieter and definately not as bright.

I used to be a bit nocturnal which benefits me as a lot of the animals I love are also nocturnal but work got in the way and I naturally wake up in the morning. I do love going to some places in the day, rainforest that has a thick canopy so it is all shady & I also love going into caves during the day to look for bats. I am very comfortable in caves with some form of lighting but it is SO relaxing to turn the light off and be in complete blackness.
I find I am more able to be creative at night, both music and painting. And I am definitely not a morning person I snap easily.

I am a creature of the night ! Blech blech !
The night has a peace & serenity so rarely encountered during the day.

I like to get up at lunchtime.
I do feel like i've missed something though.
Like the sun rising with mist in valleys and the mountains rolling into the distance.
The night time is just me and the great wilderness with nothing to fear,no one infringing on MY world.
Getting up in the winter when it's dark is a no no for me.
I'm light sensitive but mostly to artificial light.
Mind you where i live sunshine is rare and low intensity.
When it's out i get out to charge my batteries and it makes me feel good.
Sunglasses are great lol.:p

I love to be awake at night and always struggle to stick to the rest of the world's sleep cycle.

I made up a list in my thoughts with different things I like, for example: the night, the height, salad, Spanish, Mathematics and Physiscs, the cold, storages, nature (especially in the darkness), ...

New Threads

Top Bottom