• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you often misplace things and get frustrated looking for them?

All the time. I start to panic and get angry quickly when that happens. Eh, throwing a fit when unable to find your keys certainly is embarassing... Deep breathing helps.

That happens to me all the time. I often misplace items, and I have to search throughout the house for them (ex: glasses, keys, notes).

Yeah do it heaps especially my iPhone I start to panic about it and freak out if I can't find what I misplaced.

Misplaced stuff like keys all the while in my earlier years. Learnt to have a 'zone' where I put things, one small space that no-one can touch. Currently it's where the microwave is, all the stuff I need to remember :)

Only thing I misplace now is my commonsense ;)

No, you're not alone.

I have to check three or four times after I'd checked the first time I have everything I need to have before leaving the apartment. The one time I don't...:rolleyes:

Important stuff do have their designated place or two, but still I can't recall where I'd put them only to discover they're still in the bag/pocket.:confused: I have to move 'em from the bag or pocket, because what if I decide to use another jacket or bag, and forget? Outta sigh, outta mind.

I chuck a fit everytime I need my nail scissors, because I can nae recall which of the four or five places it usually is at, it's always at the last place I look, and I needa get rid of that hangnail, NOW.

I went looking for my sunnies and threw a fit, only to realise they're still on my head.o_O

Last decade I moved apartments. Here, apartment rental deposits are very large, anywhere from 5k to 40k. When I got mine back, I hid it so well, I forgot where I'd put it. No time for the bank; you get your deposit the moment :rocket: you leave with the moving truck. :lorry::car::truck::walking:For more than a whole decade. Annoying, when I could have had it invested.

I found it accidently one day while doing big chores. I knew I would, but being too clever for your own good just ain't good enough sometimes. That said, it's now where it should be, earning interest.:p

I may rarely lose things now, since I use the "special place" strategy for important things, but I do forget to bring things that I need. I've always done this and it is not because I can't find things. Transitions are very hard for me, so I can get almost panicky when its time to go somewhere else. Making a list doesn't help always, because if I'm running late (often) I get so wound up that my mind is skipping all over the place. I won't even look at a list.

New Threads

Top Bottom