• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you like 8D music?

Do you like 8D music?

• It's amazing! Love how it travels between ears!

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • It's fine.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Neutral. Music like music.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not a fan.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • It's awful and confusing!

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

onlything

V.I.P Member
Frankly, it sounds to me kind of like I have a musical worm moving around my brain in circles. Not sure if I grudgingly like it or if I completely despise it. Got into overload the first time I tried though, so it says something I suppose.

Example: (wear headphones)

First I've heard of it onlything. Yet, have been listening to binaurnal types of sound to keep calm for some time. "Which send two tones of slightly different frequencies to the left and right ears. The resulting dissonance creates a pulsating rhythm, really just an auditory illusion, which some people swear can have therapeutic effects whether that be relaxation, focus or sleep."

Listened to what you posted and it felt as if the music was circling around the outside of my head from each side of the headphones.

I'll have to listen to quite a bit more to decide if I like the 'eight' dimensions:)

I‘ve big difficulties when noise comes from different directions. I struggle more with sitting in a restaurant surrounded by talking people than going to a concert where the noise is way louder but comes only from the front. So I start feeling dizzy and overloaded. Therefore, I don‘t like it, but there are for sure people enjoying that kind of sound.

Last edited:
First I've heard of it onlything. Yet, have been listening to binaurnal types of sound to keep calm for some time. "Which send two tones of slightly different frequencies to the left and right ears. The resulting dissonance creates a pulsating rhythm, really just an auditory illusion, which some people swear can have therapeutic effects whether that be relaxation, focus or sleep."

Listened to what you posted and it felt as if the music was circling around the outside of my head from each side of the headphones.

I'll have to listen to quite a bit more to decide if I like the 'eight' dimensions:)

I quite like binaural beats actually. I tend to listen to Theta waves when I'm highly stressed. It's calming.

I‘ve big difficulties when noise comes from different directions. I struggle more sitting in a restaurant surrounded by talking people than going to a concert where the noise is way louder but comes only from the front. So I start feeling dizzy and overloaded. Therefore, I don‘t like it, but there are for sure people enjoying that kind of sound.

I have the same difficulty, so I was wondering how typical it would be for the people on the spectrum.

Awful and first time I have heard of it. Really, going from one ear to the next, would drive me up the wall ( oh, if only I could climb the wall)!

I'm listening thru crappy earbuds, like phone call ones, but I liked it -- it's fuller, more echo-ey, the high pitched stuff is bit more prominent, clarity is better, but sometimes I like the blurryness of a messier mix.

I like it.
Gives a floating sensation to me. Much like sitting on the top row of the MOSI Imax theatre
experience.

I liked it felt myself floating away and peaceful i enjoy be bop and improvised jazz as i love the discord and disconnect energy and play between the instruments.

It seems that perception of this kind of music is divided quite equally so far. Possibly it doesn't have much to do with neurotype at all, but specific sensory difficulties then. Interesting.

I need to look into how this is implemented. I'd love to make an 8D mixtape, or more likely have two releases with one mixed for 8D and headphones.

I notice it sounds better with 'headphone virtualization' turned off.

Blown away. Felt like it went to the middle of my head and paused. Beautiful vocals,bass beats, musical composition, and even the words were eerily hypnotic. I actually felt like mediating. I really needed this, my brain has been pushed to the max the last couple of days. Thanks☺

Last edited:
Blown away. Felt like it went to the middle of my head and paused. Beautiful vocals,bass beats, musical composition, and even the words were eerily hypnotic. I actually felt like mediating. I really needed this, my brain has been pushed to the max the last couple of days. Thanks☺

I'm glad it helped :D Hope you get some rest time soon other than music though, don't push yourself too much!

I need to look into how this is implemented. I'd love to make an 8D mixtape, or more likely have two releases with one mixed for 8D and headphones.

I notice it sounds better with 'headphone virtualization' turned off.

It's supposed to be quite simple with specific software, though unfortunately I don't know what kind...

Be sure to let me know if you do make a tape! ;)

New Threads

Top Bottom