• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you have a kind of "sixth sense" of when/if stuff will go wrong?

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
I kind of do, and more often than not if I predict something will go tits up/Pear shaped it usually does.

Anyone else have this kind of thing?

Most of the time, yes. I tend to be very good at predicting imminent events. Usually of the negative variety.

Gets some interesting reactions sometimes. Like if I do something like very abruptly reach over and grab something that's toppling off a shelf without actually looking at it.

It's also useful when driving. Been useful in the past when dealing with animals too.

Just to be smart-alecky, I already have a sixth (and seventh) sense: proprioception and equilibrioception. Do you mean, perhaps, an eighth sense...?

I sure do...not always negative, but I definitely have a sense of when major changes are going to happen and prepare in advance. I'm almost always right. It freaks my mom out every time.

I can usually tell when something bad is coming, I'll get a knot in my stomach and feel sort of light headed...

But I also get that same feeling and then nothing bad happens.

I get this a lot. And im always right, but nts think i create a bad situation by being worried about it.... even though i never know whats going to go wrong, i only know that something will go wrong soon

New Threads

Top Bottom