• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you dream about your obsessions?

PanPaniscus

Former Moderator
V.I.P Member
Do any of your special interests appear in your dreams or do they have characters in them that relate to your special interests?
I dream about my obsessions quite a lot, every few nights or so. One of my favourites was a dream I had not log ago that featured 3 of my main obsessions (apes, evolution and religion.) Richard Dawkins made friends with a televangelist after debating with him on telly about religion vs evolution and they went to some island together to look at gorillas.

I generally don't dream about my obsessions or interests. Not sure if I ever have though.

It happens occasionally with me. I've had at least a couple of dreams where I am trying to study some neat mammal species. Unfortunately, my dreams tend to be anxious no matter what they're about.

Richard Dawkins made friends with a televangelist after debating with him on telly about religion vs evolution and they went to some island together to look at gorillas.

:lol:That's hilarious! I wish I had dreams like that.

I do.

When I was a hardcore gamer, I'd dream of the videogames I was playing.

I only dream about certain things if I get really immersed in them or when something's playing on my mind.

sometimes when i havent thought about an obsession for a while its usually a dream that gets me back into it again

Probably around 80% of the times, but lately I've been having dreams of this person from college who I'm going out with. ;)

I dream of running flying above,and walking through thick woodlands and jungles,and to such a degree that I can smell the rich scents,ant feel the texture of the wilderness about me. It kind of dissapoints me upon first waking from one of these dreams,only to find that it was a dream.

I had another obsession dream last night, probably my 10th in the last couple of months or so.
I dreamt I was at that Gombe national park in Tanzania looking at chimps with Jane Goodall and one of my old friends from school called Nathaniel.
I realised it was a dream when I got back to Stoke from Africa on a bus. :lol2:

I had another obsession dream last night, probably my 10th in the last couple of months or so.
I dreamt I was at that Gombe national park in Tanzania looking at chimps with Jane Goodall and one of my old friends from school called Nathaniel.
I realised it was a dream when I got back to Stoke from Africa on a bus. :lol2:
I know that felling, you awaken to 'drats,I was only dreaming! but while having the dream you're having a completely wonderful time!:D

I dream about my obsessions every once in awhile. Most of the time the dreams are about the 2005 version of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Sometimes the Mad Hatter from the 2010 Alice in Wonderland movie shows up, but he usually looks or otherwise seems different than he does in the movie. For example, a few days ago I dreamed that he was at my house for a party (tea party?). I knew it was him, but he was a brunette instead of a redhead. A few days before that, I dreamed that I saw him doing the Futterwacken (his special dance in the movie), but for some reason it didn't 'feel' like him; I thought it was my brother in a costume instead.

One time I had a dream about Mrs. Lovett from Sweeney Todd. She was in love with K'nuckles from the Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack (which isn't an obsession of mine. I haven't even watched it for about a year or two). They purchased a ship together and went sailing around in a town that was completely flooded with water and fought pirates on another ship. I've always thought that dream would make a good fanfiction, but I've been too lazy to write it. :p

I do more than that, I lucid dream about my obsessions. Basically means becoming aware that it is a dream, and haaving freedom to do whatever you want, a little like what Panpaniscus did. My big obsession is dragonball z, and so that is what I choose to dream about- flying, going super saiyan, blowing up stuff with super powers etc.

There are whole websites and communities devoted to lucid dreaming, its more prevalent than you'd think.

I dream that I'm some kind of a rock band every three nights, and I'm the drummer. It's also the mid 60s in those dreams.

Sounds like an awesome dream if you were actually playing as part of the video game...or extremely terrifying, not sure. :p

All the time!! My dreams usually consist of me sitting in a forensic lab for hours just looking at different hairs and fibres under a microscope. The other day I had a dream that I was guanine.

Sometimes I dream about drawing things. And then I usually wake myself up by concentrating too hard on what I'm doing because I'm doing so well I want to do it again later.

Nope...can't say I do. Many of my dreams make no sense...other times they just reflect a "fear of failure" in a scenario of my life which doesn't exist or no longer exists. Strange stuff those dreams!

New Threads

Top Bottom