• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do this sound like autistic behaviours?

Well I want to tell you a little story.

I was 15 and my best friend invited me to play football with him and a few of his friends.

I had to join them with my bike and the bike back brake had an horrible noise so I decided to not use it.
When I join my friend I was going too fast and I only used the front brake, and ofc It made me flew over my bike and I crashed on the ground, I broke 2 tooth and my face was realy hurted ( got lucky I didnt die that day maybe?)

Anyway, after that , I still wanted to play football and I did so, I didnt change the plan.

In your opinion , is it because i am autistic that I refused to go take some rest after that and seek some medical treatement? ( my friend found the missing tooth parts later in the day and the dentist put them back.)

Another funny moment, years later ( 19 or something around that age.) I started to do some workout, I was used to doing some curl but for no reason that day I was so focused on the exercice that I put the weight in my face and brooke my tooth again ( the same one they were ofc fragile.)

In your opinion is the fact that i am autistic ( in addition with being stupid.) influenced this?

Those accidents have nothing to do with autism. 4 weeks ago, my younger brother wanted to slide into a 90 centimeters deep pool but instead he landed on his head. Before going to the hospital three days later, he was walking around with a broken neck, three of his neck vertebrae were broken. He was in a lot of pain but still kept going with his day.
My younger brother does not have autism. Some kids are just tougher than others, that is all.

Did your brother have the possibility to easly go to hospital?
We are judging from a few examples here.
As for me, the input of "ffs could you please finally do something about your arm" seems to be much more sensitive than with others and impossible to ignore

Did your brother have the possibility to easly go to hospital?
We are judging from a few examples here.
As for me, the input of "ffs could you please finally do something about your arm" seems to be much more sensitive than with others and impossible to ignore

Yes, my brother could've easily went to the hospital but he didn't say he was in pain until after 1 and a half day because the pain didn't bother him in the beginning. After he said what happened we first took him to our local doctor who then recommend to send him to the hospital. I know you can't see a broken neck immediately but landing on your head when diving in a 90 centimeters deep pool is not the same as hitting your toe against the table. He could've been paralyzed or even dead if he landed even slightly more off. And even after it had happened there was still a chance he could've become paralyzed if anything happened during those days he was wandering around with a broken neck.

It is interesting, because I was so proud that I could ride a bike and no one explained to me about the "science" of having two sets of breaks. I used logic ( although had no idea at the time) to see that if I pressed on the front breaks, it would go badly for me.

I loved going down hills, but at all times, my hands were on the brakes and if I felt a tad out of control, I would do short quick break pauses and that slowed me up.

The most daring thing I did on a bike, was standing up from the seat. I could even cycle with just one hand on the handle bars lol

I loved riding my bycicle, but as soon as helmets were a must, that stopped me.

I am in the process of being diagnosed.

You also sound like you have a very high pain threshold.

I dont know about that , but I also had other example when I break something or cut myself by accident and didnt go to the doctor until my parents find out. Maybe, I think it changed with time and now it isnt the same, but I dont have a lot of examples nowadays.

I loved riding my bycicle, but as soon as helmets were a must, that stopped me.
You live in France right? This isnt " a must" For adults. Still important for your safety.

I remember when I was a teenager I would argue with my parents in order to take my bicycle without the helmet(I hate helmet aswell) they were mad but I still did it, haha.

And even after it had happened there was still a chance he could've become paralyzed if anything happened during those days he was wandering around with a broken neck.

Yes this is a pretty big deal, how old is your brother?

I guess it seems a little autistic because you seemed to be unaware of the danger of breaking your tooth again by doing more harmful activities. I tend to be overly sensitive to stuff when it comes to senses..

New Threads

Top Bottom