• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Disability Section

The Penguin

Chilly Willy The Penguin
I feel there many people on this site have different type of disabilities, whether it mental or physical. The problem is, there is no dedicated section for this. I felt adding a new section would add value to this site and make it easier to find content related to this. If anyone has any suggestions, including what sub-sections should exist for this let me know. Hopefully with enough people writing in this post, we can have this new section added.

Penguin- do you mean navigating services or something similar relating to disabilities?
It can be either or both.

Though I understand this site focus is Aspergers And Autism, I thinking a section for non Aspergers And Autism content. Example is learning disability. Sorry if I'm not clear what I'm trying to say for this post. Writing is very hard for me to do to communicate what i would like to say.

It can be either or both.

Though I understand this site focus is Aspergers And Autism, I thinking a section for non Aspergers And Autism content. Example is learning disability. Sorry if I'm not clear what I'm trying to say for this post. Writing is very hard for me to do to communicate what i would like to say.

I am just trying to get at specifics so I think asking questions might help you focus on what you are specifically trying to ask about? I'm curious myself.

I was wondering if maybe your request was to ask for a board to discuss issues/disorders/syndromes that are typically seen along with ASDs [called co-morbids, or co-morbid diagnoses]. That would be what you mention: anxiety disorders, depression, epilepsy, certain learning disorders.

I dont want to speak for you but wondering if that was what you meant?

I was wondering if maybe your request was to ask for a board to discuss issues/disorders/syndromes that are typically seen along with ASDs [called co-morbids, or co-morbid diagnoses]. That would be what you mention: anxiety disorders, depression, epilepsy, certain learning disorders.
Yes something like that. I know depression is a topic many members write about. I find depression should have it own section. We have a post suicidal prevention and phone numbers. I would have that post moved to the depression section if we decide to add this new section.

Learning disorders is another topic talked a lot on this site might should have it own section.

For anxiety disorders, we already have a section called PDD-NOS, Social Anxiety and Others

New Threads

Top Bottom