• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

digital photography

andrew720

Is anyone else passionate about photography? I take my DSLR with me everywhere as much as I can and love taking photos of landscape and scenery. The strange thing is though that I really struggle to take photos when there are people around, especially if its at a location that may not seem a typical location for photography. I really dont like drawing attention to myself by indulging in my obsession in the presence of others, especially NTs.

I'm interested in photography. I haven't gotten around to saving for any sort of camera yet, so any work I do at the moment is photoshop based. Willow likes it too - she was saving for a DSLR, not sure if she's still going through with that. :p Interests change.

I will be buying one at some point, I just...like my camera now and I don't like change. I love taking photo's though. I kind of know what you mean about the taking photos when people are around thing. Sometimes I see a great photo opportunity, but I think that maybe everyone else around will just wonder what the hell I'm doing. Even if I'm out with someone I still feel uneasy. Not with Chris though, he stops for me all the time =) Even if we're driving.

Oh I would love to become obsessed with photography.. if I had the equipment. I don't like photoshop tho, while my sister have been quite obsessed with it in her teens. But if I had a decent camera then I would probably take way too many photos on many many things. Not people tho, mostly nature and especially twilight photos, as I am a big fan of nicely colored skies ^_^ At the moment I'm rather happy with seeing things while they last and then remembering them. So in other words, I don't feel a need for a camera at the moment :p

I wanted to do photography which I get to do since its in my course.... But in next years course, I was thinking of doing Media stuff so I should hopefully be able to do photography aswell, which i'm sure they would let me do. :thumbsup:

I like photography as well though my photographs aren't that special. My current camera suffers from lens/water damage so the photo quality isn't that great anymore. I'm hoping to get a new camera before summer - maybe something in between a DSLR and a compact. My uncle is a professional photographer with his own stuido, my other uncle is a top teacher in ICT. So I guess that's were I picked up my interests in photography and computers.

My Flickr page of photography can be found in my signature. Don't expect anything amazing though.

Cross post but thought I'd put it here too

"This one is gonna be a bit of a ramble with some cool stuff in there.

First off, plugging my own stuff. If anyone has Flickr, 500px or ViewBug, check me out on the hyper links.

Next up is the Hyperlapse app being put out by Instagram / Facebook. It looks pretty amazing and would be great to document special occasions or thing slike conventions which I love to go to.

Check an article about it here, also check out a post about the technology behind it here. Warning, the terminology used by the guy narrating the video is not layman friendly but you do get to understand what is going on.

Instagram / Facebook are also releasing their own version of Snapchat called Bolt. You can read about it here "

New Threads

Top Bottom