• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Diagnosed July 2018 and looking to learn about others experiences

Petting random cats on the street (not sure if this is truly related to my condition but I don't see anyone acting like this - I even have a Google Photos album that I show to willing parties)
Guilty! Half of the pictures from my last holiday are pictures of cute strays I encountered on the streets.

Beautiful cats! These are mine:

AF01FAEE-FF08-45B4-B4BC-9ECEB044FCC6.jpeg 4E7740A8-3AE8-4C4D-AF82-6D99C1D5F75A.jpeg 0F895501-D7FE-408D-8803-FD25E80C9E6F.jpeg C10BB380-F616-40E9-9ED6-01F42A26E5AD.jpeg

Wanted to say something about the photographs on your app account !but If see any animal apart from a human ,I talk to them like a baby and you wouldn’t understand it ,I lose the power of English.

I talk to them too, not exactly like a baby though.

I can’t help talking to cats either. I often get funny looks on the streets. Luckily my boyfriend is the same, he has to pet every cat he sees and talk to them too.

I’ve started talking to them too and I bend down and pet them while looking around hoping no one will see me. If people do see me, I stop talking and smile over or ignore them then quickly stand up and walk away. I still look at the cat while walking away and sometimes it will follow me. I would start talking to it again and say ‘stay’ like you would with a dog and it’ll keep walking quickly and they do stop eventually if I keep going. I sometimes speak to it like a human and say something like ‘I didn’t except you to follow me. Go home, sweet baby.’

I’ve started talking to them too and I bend down and pet them while looking around hoping no one will see me. If people do see me, I stop talking and smile over or ignore them then quickly stand up and walk away. I still look at the cat while walking away and sometimes it will follow me. I would start talking to it again and say ‘stay’ like you would with a dog and it’ll keep walking quickly and they do stop eventually if I keep going. I sometimes speak to it like a human and say something like ‘I didn’t except you to follow me. Go home, sweet baby.’

This is currently my favourite neighborhood cat friend.

His name is Beau.

He's so friendly.

He will fall asleep in my lap if I let him.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/5kJMY8KastjCcsP89

This is a beautiful stray that lingered around my bungalow last holiday. He wouldn’t let me touch him, but over the days he got more comfortable around me, napping on the terrace and being all around majestic.
F996470A-19D7-445D-AEE9-A7303C255961.jpeg

Same holiday, different cat: this cheeky youngster kept inviting itself into the bungalow, boldly sauntering inside, napping everywhere and handing out all the purrs and headbutts.
7AB70204-64CA-478B-82E6-3C787EE2D6F5.jpeg

New Threads

Top Bottom