• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Diagnosed July 2018 and looking to learn about others experiences

This little dude was left behind by his prior owners for 3 years according to a neighbor in the street I lived in when I first moved to the area.

I first saw him sitting on the fence opposite my parking space and gradually gained his trust to a point where he'd sit and meow at the back door and come chill in the garden.

I used to sit out there with him a fair amount and would give him some food.

I wanted to take him with me when I moved but as we planned to get a cat already and weren't sure about how they'd get on we decided against it.

He even came a sat by my car on moving day.

Made me a bit teary if I'm honest - I even cried a few times at work during my night shift because I felt sorry for him.

Thinking about it now is making me a bit teary too.

He was such a cool little dude.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1425349316189.jpg
    FB_IMG_1425349316189.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 0
I also suck through my teeth to make a sound that generally grabs a cats attention, if they're friendly and not a scaredy puss.
Mine is the very traditional baby sound words ,it’s not just a sound ,I have a feeling it’s something to do with panic disorder( coping mechanism -the excitement side ,not as noticeable ,probably because I’ve been like that for so long ,that I’ve learned to mask it , I Live in the mid -north east England ,it is quite a cold culture ,regarding mental illness ,there are different sides to a panic attack, a catatonic like state- very rare ,abject fear and excitement , aggression) .

Mine is the very traditional baby sound words ,it’s not just a sound ,I have a feeling it’s something to do with panic disorder( coping mechanism -the excitement side ,not as noticeable ,probably because I’ve been like that for so long ,that I’ve learned to mask it , I Live in the mid -north east England ,it is quite a cold culture ,regarding mental illness ,there are different sides to a panic attack, a catatonic like state- very rare ,abject fear and excitement , aggression) .

I'm all like "hello mate", "you da happy cat", "you da purry cat" and various other things.

I also like to hold meowversations - this is where a cat meows at you and you attempt to replicate said meow.

Like this...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/U4Sg8kiLo3h1XkgH8

I'm all like "hello mate", "you da happy cat", "you da purry cat" and various other things.

I also like to hold meowversations - this is where a cat meows at you and you attempt to replicate said meow.
Haven’t been able to do that for years, it’s something to do with panic disorder again , I can still imitate the “I want to come in please let me in “(don’t know if a female cat sounds different from a male cat ,when they do that ) meow

Welcome, great pictures . I hope you enjoy it here and find plenty of useful information and threads to read.

:cat::sunflower::cat::blossom::cat::sunflower::cat::blossom::cat::hibiscus:

Hello & welcome.
Petting random cats on the street (not sure if this is truly related to my condition but I don't see anyone acting like this - I even have a Google Photos album that I show to willing parties)
Autism is what is known as a Pervasive Development Disorder. That means that all of us (to varying degrees) retain some of our childish qualities. Too much of it is a disability. A small amount of it can actually be beneficial. Children have a trait called "flexible thinking." NT adults outgrow that tendency (and they expect everyone else to do the same). But neuro-diverse adults (like the autistic and the gifted) retain and cherish this trait. As long as you are able to maintain adult responsibilities, it isn't really a problem.

As a face-blind, amateur artist, I commissioned 188 action dolls [read: GI Joes & articulated Barbies] to be my troupe of face models. Practical childishness...!
full

Last edited:
Hello & welcome.

Autism is what is known as a Pervasive Development Disorder. That means that all of us (to varying degrees) retain some of our childish qualities. Too much of it is a disability. A small amount of it can actually be beneficial. Children have a trait called "flexible thinking." NT adults outgrow that tendency (and they expect everyone else to do the same). But neuro-diverse adults (like the autistic and the gifted) retain and cherish this trait. As long as you are able to maintain adult responsibilities, it isn't really a problem.

As a face-blind, amateur artist, I commissioned 188 action dolls [read: GI Joes & articulated Barbies] to be my troupe of face models. Practical childishness...!

Interesting.

I sometimes wonder whether my childish traits are attributable to Autism.

My missus is friendly with the next door neighbours who have gone on holiday so we're feeding their cats.

Well, I volunteered - for obvious reasons.

I already made friends with the male in our garden but the female is very timid.

I managed to gain her trust last time they were on holiday but she switches into super jumpy mode when outside and will just look at you before running away.

Been feeding them since yesterday morning and have made friends with the female again, who's been all purry and content, rolling around on the tabletop and licking my hands.

She's so cute.

This was yesterday morning - she seems to do the stretchy thing when she's happy.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/VAyCwv7pc9Fq43Yu5

New Threads

Top Bottom