• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Denise Welch brands Katie Hopkins a 'vile bully' after columnist mocks autism

AGXStarseed

(Not written by me)

SHE'S upset her fair share of famous faces and now Denise Welch has became the latest celebrity to hit back at Katie Hopkins.

Denise-Welch-573646.jpg
ITV/WENN
Denise Welch branded Katie Hopkins a 'vile bully' after she made insensitive comments about autism

The 56-year-old actress took to Twitter to express her disgust at the outspoken columnist after she mocked autism while taking a swipe at Labour leader Ed Miliband.

Katie, 40, posted: "Have just seen that lovely Ed Miliband on my TV. For one so clearly on the spectrum - he really is a high achiever. Well done Ed. Go you."

Riled by the inappropriate comment, Denise replied: "Wow! We've had mental illness, dementia, weight issues and today... autism!!!"

The former Loose Women star then added: "Go @KTHopkins you vile bully."

Denise-Welch-282118.jpg
WENN
The star was praised for standing up to Katie Hopkins on Twitter

Katie-Hopkins-282117.jpg
WENN
Katie is known for her controversial comments

She then took aim at The Sun newspaper, who run the former Apprentice star's column.

"Your columnist @TheSunNewspaper is today belittling those on the autistic spectrum. You must be so proud of her!" she wrote.

Denise's comments were met with support on the Twittersphere, with many people equally as infuriated by Katie's insensitive comment.

"My son has Aspergers life is hard enough without bullies like you, your a vile poisonous woman," posted one user.

Denise-Welch-282119.jpg
WENN
Denise opened up about her battle with depression on Lorraine

Another added: "Its and outrage my nephews are both autistic and my dad and in-law have dementia, disgusting,so sad xx."

Today a slimmed down Denise looked healthy and happy as she appeared on Lorraine to promote her new role on Inspector George Gently, which kicks off on Wednesday.

While on the ITV show, the star also opened up about her struggle with depression.

She said: "I live with a mental illness, and lots of things have benefited me including the menopause.

Denise added: "I also discovered the origin of – which mine was having a baby – caused a hormonal depression and I've fought for 20 years to have this taken seriously."

SOURCE: Denise Welch brands Katie Hopkins a 'vile bully' after columnist mocks autism | Showbiz | News | Daily Express

Is this Hopkins woman for real (whoever she may be)?- or just so simply insecure in her own need to be recognised in her `celebrity` world that she cannot function without seeing her name in the headlines somewhere for any reason whatsoever- and I thought I had problems!- poor thing I genuinely pity her!

Surely her attention craving at whatever cost suggests some deep seated psychological imbalance?

As she appears to be a Sun columnist why doesn't everyone who has any connection with the spectrum boycott the newspaper?

Is this Hopkins woman for real (whoever she may be)?- or just so simply insecure in her own need to be recognised in her `celebrity` world that she cannot function without seeing her name in the headlines somewhere for any reason whatsoever- and I thought I had problems!- poor thing I genuinely pity her!

Surely her attention craving at whatever cost suggests some deep seated psychological imbalance?

As she appears to be a Sun columnist why doesn't everyone who has any connection with the spectrum boycott the newspaper?

Apparently she wanted to join the RAF, but was unable to due to been epileptic and has been bitter about it ever since. Don't know how true it is, but she has had Army training.

New Threads

Top Bottom