• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

dealing with having minor aspergers

WhatIsNormal

For the past several years ive been diagnosed with aspergers syndrom.
Social activites make me feel very awkward nervous anxious and i never can seem to stop talking.
It isnt an easy road at all, you need friends and family around to support you and help you.
Something i have heard going around is amino acid treatments might work,
Please message me if you have any helpful information on that.
I just want to function in a better fashion.

Normal is overrated.

Everyone here is extremely willing to lend support and advice, all you have to do is ask.
Welcome to the forums and I hope you find the information your looking for!

Sev

My middle school art teacher always said, "Normal is boring." I loved her so much.

You're among friends here. :)

Welcome to AC....where we ultimately accept people for who they are. ;)

Amino acids are simply the things that compose proteins. While it is true that everyone in the world needs sufficient protein, I don't see that it has anything to do with Aspergers. Excess protein in the diet gets flushed out of the body, and does nothing for anyone.

Welcome

I'm not sure what you mean by using amino acids to help you, could you explain it further at all please?

Yeah, this amino acid sounds weird to me...

Could this be a placebo effect attempt? There is a lot of that for mental disorders. Bah! Those annoying NTs and their belief that they can trick us into being more "normal"

I have always hated that word when used so subjectively to describe people.

I mean, every single person has some arbitrary archetype of "normal" of which they would be bloody lucky to find a single person who has EVERY SINGLE ATTRIBUTE that they could class as normal, and even then, that archetype is nowhere near common, let alone e majority, and so considering someone not normal or "weird" is arbitrary, judgemental and completely wrong. All that means if someone says it is "my spidey sense says that this specific aspect of you is not what i consider acceptable" so never bother with being normal, because most of humanity, whatever you do will consider you weird for somehting.

Yeah, this amino acid sounds weird to me...

Could this be a placebo effect attempt? There is a lot of that for mental disorders. Bah! Those annoying NTs and their belief that they can trick us into being more "normal"

I have always hated that word when used so subjectively to describe people.

I mean, every single person has some arbitrary archetype of "normal" of which they would be bloody lucky to find a single person who has EVERY SINGLE ATTRIBUTE that they could class as normal, and even then, that archetype is nowhere near common, let alone e majority, and so considering someone not normal or "weird" is arbitrary, judgemental and completely wrong. All that means if someone says it is "my spidey sense says that this specific aspect of you is not what i consider acceptable" so never bother with being normal, because most of humanity, whatever you do will consider you weird for somehting.

Definitely. Even NTs can get called weird; being normal is differs from each group of people you are speaking with. It's almost like going overseas, to another culture, where everyone thinks your customs are weird. You can never appear normal to everyone. I myself choose to embrace my difference, and it was when I had decided to do this, that others had learned to better accept me.

I agree with Ste11aeres, I don't imagine this could necessary help unless you are nutritionally deficient but am curious as to the details:
  1. Which Amino Acids are you thinking of?
  2. What are the benefits you expect?
I have heard of people supplementing with 2 amino acids: taurine and tryptophan though neither for autism. Tryptophan might increase your serotin if you are deficient, and if you were deficient than that conceivably could have some effect; taurine isn't essential and probably won't have any effect but it's in many energy drinks and some body builder's try to supplement it (after noticing my favourite energy drinks had taurine and the ones I liked less tended not to, I did see fit to try taurine powder on the off-chance that was the magic ingredient... I wouldn't waste your money on it)

If you do supplement amino acids do be kind to your kidneys, while too much amino acids/protien will pass through them on the way to being expelled by the body, this has been somewhat linked to kidney problems I believe.

Amino acids are things in your DNA that create you. So I believe that that sort of treatment would be for genetic disorder-like conditions, not Aspergers or autism.

Normal....... Nope! Never been called that! Welcome!

BTW, what exactly did you mean by "minor Aspergers?" So far, the tests I have taken have declared me "borderline." I am still gathering more information, as I don't have some of the primary symptoms that classify one as a stereotypical "Aspergers."

If you wouldn't mind sharing your viewpoint, I would appreciate it.

Once again, Welcome!

New Threads

Top Bottom