• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Coping While Manipulated in Business contracts

I have to drive 30 miles to do that and all us poor folkss are all there slowing it down where it won’t work. We don’t have public wifi in my town.

Greed fever. Haha! A lot of that going around these days! But on topic, I went without internet two years. It was peaceful. Hard,but peaceful. If it caused me that stress, I would do it again. Not saying it is a solution, but life is hard enough. I can check email (and Aspie Central!) at the library or public places with wifi on phone

i wish there was a way to get even with corporate monsters.

I went off grid a few years too except cell phone. But I realized I was losing contact with people. All my activities are 50 miles apart. We depend on local Tv News announcements and mass email downloads.

Can you find Email, snail mail, phone number to Ceo of At&t, Randall L. Stephenson? The gouging company is a contract firm they use called Uverse. He is probably aware how terrible it is but I want to make sure he knows.
Randall Stephenson, AT&T CEO
[email protected] (direct)
[email protected]
phone: 210-351-5401 (direct to his secretary)
fax 210-351-3553
alternate phone: 210-821-4105 (headquarters, press 3, ask for Mr. Stephenson’s office)
175 E. Houston
San Antonio, TX 78205

I found that a little while ago but thanks. Did you see my link where they will send you to their legal department and send you a cease and desist order if you call him?

Internet and bundled TV is handled by a contract company of a parent company. Contract just ended. Been trying to get them to disconnect my service three months. Instead they try to keep me but offer bad deals. I can’t process all their manipulation.They slammed me with a contract without my approval. It took me three months but finally negotiated a decent deal that was similar to what I started with. Was on phone to them last two days. I am exhausted. It is like I Have PTSD just knowing I may have to call them. They talk in circles, don’t speak with accent I can understand. Do not recap all the charges.If I ask them to speak more clearly they talk faster and over pronounce consonants and make it worse. So finally I mocked her back and said, you sound like this, very staccato. Can you just talk with your regular pronounciation but slower? Then she talked like a normal person totally perfectly. I won in the end, ( I think ). But I told them if they couldn’t do better that not only would i cut everything off but that they would never woo me back for any reason. Does anyone cope better dealing with bully companies? What can I do?

Super easy fix, cancel the card you use to pay for this, tell the bank that you lost the card and make sure you turn off (call your bank), the automated updater on your card, if that exists. They can't keep charging you if they have no way to charge you.

They just have my word I will pay. No card. I have an ok deal finally negotiated if they are not lying. I’ll find out when I get the bills. I’m going before City Hall and their lawyer September the fourth about the lack of choices, in my case (1) and I am on their docket to speak. Since they are my only choice I would not want to ruin my credit.I might have to use them again. I can get out of contract for 20 a month for term of contract.

They are the only company in my area. I had to resort to threatening to call the Better Business Bureau and other entities and quote each rep by name, date and time. I live in a high poverty area and am on fixed income. I need internet to stay tethered to my church and local events I attend are announced on TV. They do not post them on line. Many people have gone to internet only and use Netflix. But I don't watch TV at all except to find out what events are in my community. I am Isolated. Do not have local family. Having it is not for pleasure. Having it is to stay connected socially. I’m disabled. I can’t afford multimedia for basic service that is higher than a car payment!!!! I can’t be “ at their mercy” because I have no income to cover it and it is my lifeline connection to other humans like you guys and if someone dies in my church or needs help I must have email through internet from my priest. I don’t want internet on a smart phone. It is the same gouging procedure. I like my $15 phone, not a $1,000 phone.So yes, it is distressing!

Forget complaiming to the BBB. They won’t do a damn thing for you.

You’re better off complaining to your state’s Public Utility Commission, followed up with a complaint to the Federal Trade Commission. Don’t expect a reply, however.

Since I got my contract set for a decent price. I’m going to first see if my city will see about negotiating bringing more companies. we have Suddenlink one town over but not here, anything to get competition. There is a cable company in town with internet but they don’t reach my house. We also need our phone towers upgraded. They overload and are inadequate. A town can have business come into town like that. So I am on the city docket to talk to the city lawyer about upgrading our town to more choices and better equipment. I already called the governor and if I have too much trouble again since i now know they lie. .i will indeed report them to the Public Utilities Commision. I just said Bbb and when I did they escalated my call and gave me what I wanted for one year.

New Threads

Top Bottom