• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Childhood friend's life (death) celebration

Fromyse

"Sarah" lived in our neighborhood, we went to school together K-12 (I'm mid-40s now). Our families were close
1) my parents went to school with her parents.
2) we had 5 kids, her family had 5 kids -- all the same age/grade.

She was very beautiful, married early, had kids. I never spoke to her except for school reunions. As I know her entire family, she knows all my family, we'd enjoy checking in w/ each other. We knew each other all those years but didn't exactly hang around together much. Somehow we were almost family though, identical upbringing. We were closest friends in elementary.

Sadly, she just died, and a strange death. Apparently she'd divorced, then turned to drugs and alcohol, that was part of the story. I don't know the details but I think it was an accident that involved her suffering alone and taking her last breath in pain, not a suicide but a tragic accident. I was in shock and very sad!!

Her family announced a celebration of her life and made a public evite to come, and I see a few others who grew up together will attend, along with a ton of her family members who I haven't seen in 25 years. Those folks have social lives and normal conversant ability. I'd like to go but I'm such a dipsh9t socially I am afraid I'd feel odd there. Even thinking of going makes me nervous so I suppose I won't go, but I'd like to, because I think she'd be happy to know I went to that event. I was thinking of taking my son along?

New Threads

Top Bottom