• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Can't focus on anything

Misty Avich

I'm just angry
V.I.P Member
I'm not sure if it's the heatwave or what, but I'm finding it really hard to keep an attention span on anything. Although this is not unusual for me, it's at an extreme at the moment.
My weekly magazines have piled up and I can't seem to be able to read them. I keep skipping past posts on internet forums. I even couldn't focus on my colouring last night, which I always enjoy.
Yesterday at work I couldn't stay on task and my task went unfinished. My brain seemed to just be asleep. I'm glad I work in a laid-back environment where they don't keep you on your toes all day. But for me just getting up and doing anything was like torture, and you can't really be like that at work where you're being paid.

Does anyone else with ADHD go through a phase like this?

Good morning, Misty!
76°F here this morning, hooray!

I am struggling with focus and staying on task as well. Stacks of things in different places that should be taken care of. Recipes that need reading and cooking. Towels that need folding. Study materials that I am determinedly looking past. To do lists that I am ignoring. Books with markers in them that haven't been picked up in weeks.
Serious inertia and whatever that dys- word is that means I don't want to and you can't make me.

Maybe it's the heat, because I do find it exhausting. Maybe it's the grief from my mentor's passing earlier this week, altho the inertia predates that. Maybe it's the constant pain from subluxed hip and what the heck did I do to my foot but it's neither bruised nor broken nor sprained.
Maybe it's 1000 things.

My oomph is all gone and they don't have any at the grocery ;)

ADD (no H here, not ever;)

Last edited:
Has something been happening recently that was different than usual? Or that has had an emotional impact on you?

Has something been happening recently that was different than usual? Or that has had an emotional impact on you?
The only thing I can think of that's presently putting stress on me is one of the rooms in our apartment being filled up with an old mattress we can't get rid of (we got a new bed given to us by friends) because it's too big and heavy to put in a car and it's too expensive to have taken away by the council. Maybe my mind is preoccupied with this, stopping me from wanting to do any housework.

Also I'm in constant distress about the neighbours upstairs but I don't want to go all into that.

Last edited:
It could be both, if you find yourself constantly bothered by the matress, it might be it, and neighbours can be super bothersome and overwhelming. I had this one neighbour who played loud music and exercised at night and during the day during the pandemic and ugh, it didn't let me sleep, work and I was exhausted by the noise. That's just one thibg neighbours are capable of :p They can drive you nuts in a plethora of ways. They can have renovations, cook dishes with very intense smell, dirt the staircase...

New Threads

Top Bottom