• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Cannabis

Everyone is an active component in the game, always. How are you Bhuddapug?

too pc too generous
everything is a component in the game most game pieces are inactive or at best reactive.
What I am proposing is that to play it helps to be proactive
As to my state of being - mildly toasted - going to walk my dogs and interact with random humans and dogs.
No cure for loneliness but it keeps me in the game.
And you Goodgravy ( is that as opposed to lumpy gravy ) how are you glowing today?

Thank you! Love the pugs :) More of a cat man myself and it's a good idea. Not ready for animals again just yet tho.. You're correct in that there appears to be no help, from GP's or charities, so it's all about helping myself.. cannabis, CBT/NLP, meditation. A purpose would be nice, a friend or two even, but now I just bein silly, lol.. Still, got me thinkin about lyrics now..

Thank you! Love the pugs :) More of a cat man myself and it's a good idea. Not ready for animals again just yet tho.. You're correct in that there appears to be no help, from GP's or charities, so it's all about helping myself.. cannabis, CBT/NLP, meditation. A purpose would be nice, a friend or two even, but now I just bein silly, lol.. Still, got me thinkin about lyrics now..

Funny I just wrote this in a different thread but it seems appropriate with regards to friends

As an aspie loneliness is generally a fact of life, but I am not so sure that that's not also true for our species in general.
After all if a person needs 37,257 facebook friends don't you think they might have a few issues?
Remember if you have just one person who will hold an umbrella for you in the rain then you probably have more friends than many NT's.
Friends are not going to cure the lonelies, they are what makes enduring the lonelies worthwhile.
One thing I have seen in other aspies I have met is an overwhelming resistance to coming out of their little world to investigate the big world.
If you don't interact with the world around you the world won't notice, you must be the instigator to be included.
And if you are included you aren't lonely, you the are an active component in the game.

New thoughts:
Doctors and charities can not fix what is not broken. Here is a truth you must live with yourself and find the balance that works for you, As far as being ready for a cat that is probably just the answer get the cat(s), learn to live as they live with human world.
They live in the moment. I have come to the conclusion that most happy mammals are buddhists they live in the here and now, although they may prepare for the future (even a squirrel hides nuts) they live in today. I guess what I am saying is don't forget to pay the rent but don't make that what your life is all about. get the damn cat!!!

and remember IF IT'S NOT MEDICAL GRADE MMJ IT'S NOT MEDICINE - or even safe

o2tosin:
If you are truly ASD then the quickest "fix" I know of is solitude!

bhuddapug:
And shame on you for reccommending solitude as fix for being an aspie. I am an an Aspie and I am not broken I am just wired different so you can't fix me. And I have plenty of alone time as do most aspies so put your solitude where it belongs in a monastary.

Me:
"Fix" (in quotes) indicates that o2tosin is using someone else's word. I'm certain o2tosin is aware that it's not an accurate description. Chill out.

Spiller:
I find cannabis greatly alleviates the anxiety and depressive/suicidal tendencies I suffer from being alone all the time. Of course, everyone's different so this is not a magic cure-all, but it has kept me alive, albeit still lonely (hard to find support in the UK) and cheerful.

Me:
I also found that cannabis gives temporary relief, but my depression, anxiety, & suicidal thoughts don't come from being alone … they directly stem from being around people who are intolerant & narcissistic. The same ones that either want to fix us, punish us for being different, torture us for their amusement, or just send us away. But cannabis is only temporary relief … meanwhile time continues to pass & the bills still must be paid, all while they continue to declare me worthless which is why I'm unemployed.

I am infinitely more lonely when I'm around other people … I am never lonely when alone at home, thanks to my cats. The only reason I'm still alive is because I haven't (yet) made arrangements for their continuing care. Solitude doesn't fix Aspergers because we're not broken, but it's the best relief I've found from the pain inflicted by other people. The only fix I can imagine would be a magic wand to grant knowledge & emotional maturity to them, but I've learned to "accept the things I cannot change" … another reason I want out.

bhuddapug:
Remember if you have just one person who will hold an umbrella for you in the rain then you probably have more friends than many NT's.

One thing I have seen in other aspies I have met is an overwhelming resistance to coming out of their little world to investigate the big world.
If you don't interact with the world around you the world won't notice, you must be the instigator to be included.
And if you are included you aren't lonely, you the are an active component in the game.

Me:
Thanks for reminding me that I don't even have that one person who would hold an umbrella for me. That makes me feel much better.

My "overwhelming resistance" to being around others is a learned response to their continuing abuse. Me continuing to interact with them won't improve anything, it just provides them with additional entertainment. Sorry, I won't do that anymore. And being around others doesn't automatically make you included, it just makes the pain of being excluded sharper, deeper, and more present. Ironically, the healthcare professionals that want to "fix" me give the same advice.

bhuddapug:
I guess what I am saying is don't forget to pay the rent but don't make that what your life is all about. get the damn cat!!!

Me:
The problem isn't forgetting to pay the rent, but my money will be running out pretty soon. Time to get back to working on Plan A … but until then I'll be enjoying the time with my cats.

Why not suggest whiskey, vodka, smoking and eating nothing but McDonalds in order to fix things????

Anything you do to make you feel better is up to you, but asd is a brain wiring issue, and unless you want to start trying to rewire your head physically, everything else is just comfort eating/drinking/smoking etc.

It always amazes me the lengths people go to in order to justify their chosen lifestyle. In this respect, people here are no different from their nt brethren.

I always worry when I see people talking about stuff like this as if its normal. It isn't normal to take drugs for recreational use. The key word here is "recreational". Personally I have a million and one things I prefer to do with my body chemistry :)

Before I get shot down in flames, just remember that any illegal drug has no quality control attached to it. So, you never know what you are taking. Therefore, its always Russian roulette with your body.

Just wanted to point that out on an open thread casually talking about illegal drug use.

It's not approved for treatment of Asperger's. There was a family that treated their child with Tuberous Sclerosis and severe Autistic behaviors using Marijuana because it was able to quell his tantrums. There is some evidence that Marijuana would make a good treatment option for Autistics that engage in self-injurious behavior, but from what I have read about anxiety and social ambition in ASDs Marijuana is not really a first choice, as others have said...
I write for a Medical Marijuana blog that is still in the works, and sadly there is just so much conflicting data on medical Marijuana because human studies are 1. Very small 2. Usually looking at drug abusers 3. Looking at individuals that have several vices or multiple psychiatric conditions.
I think if I had to say anything, the anxiety ameliorating effects that people attribute to Marijuana are very dependent on genetics. Some people have reported having first-episode panic attacks after trying Marijuana, and a few meta-studies have shown a strong positive correlation between anxiety disorders and marijuana use. It's a run away train for some people. I think Asperger's describes a pretty genetically diverse bunch of people. >.> There are bound to be many different outcomes if anyone ever looks at this clinically.

Why not suggest whiskey, vodka, smoking and eating nothing but McDonalds in order to fix things????

Anything you do to make you feel better is up to you, but asd is a brain wiring issue, and unless you want to start trying to rewire your head physically, everything else is just comfort eating/drinking/smoking etc.

It always amazes me the lengths people go to in order to justify their chosen lifestyle. In this respect, people here are no different from their nt brethren.

I always worry when I see people talking about stuff like this as if its normal. It isn't normal to take drugs for recreational use. The key word here is "recreational". Personally I have a million and one things I prefer to do with my body chemistry :)

Before I get shot down in flames, just remember that any illegal drug has no quality control attached to it. So, you never know what you are taking. Therefore, its always Russian roulette with your body.

Just wanted to point that out on an open thread casually talking about illegal drug use.

Just thought I'd point out that MMJ is not an illegal drug in 22 states and the district of columbia this year, more to follow
and is also ok for any adult in Wa. and Co. , more to follow the tax revenues are awesome.

If it isn't normal to take drugs for recreational use then why do cats like catnip, birds make beer or dogs eat bufo marinus (poison toad secretes dmt)

I have been using MMJ for over forty years to cope in the NT world My Dr. who diagnosed me (in 2012) told me that MMJ was very probably the primary thing that kept me in the work force for over 30 years, although I may on occasion have over medicated, I did. The reason for this was that it allowed me to 1st focus and disregard all the things that would otherwise be distracting and 2nd it helps dispel my anxieties. My Dr. has extensive experience with adult aspies and has worked as a minder for a large companies R&D Aspies. As an older adult not having the luxury of being autistic until after my career was over I had to cope with the NT world with no allowances. I think I shall believe my doc. And state that this aspie has benefited greatly from MMJ. But that doesn't mean that it has anything to offer you or maybe it does. It is a complicated plant different strains have different concentrations of the various cannabinoids. For example the strain Charlotte's Web has almost no THC and is extremely high in CBD's.

I have read about the side effects and the effects of the various drugs used in the treatment of different aspects of autism. Although often Rx drugs are the answer not nearly as often as they prescribed,. As often they are prescribed because thats the drug currently in vogue for whatever reason. But before you argue the point I offer up Risperdal and Ritalin.

MMJ may be for you it may not. Talk to your doc have an honest discussion if your doc wont do that get a different doc

and remember IF IT'S NOT MEDICAL GRADE MMJ IT'S NOT MEDICINE - or even safe

ASD is neurological you are Born with it. It is not something you suddenly just get. As to Taking non medicinal drugs such as you are describing for it is not suggested by most clinicians as it can lead to addictive behaviors and often causes more harm than good. Again You don't just get ASD you have it from birth.
a TBI can cause a brain rewiring and different forms of autism and/or epilepsy

Just to clarify, I was not advocating recreational use. In my case I see that it would waste my time … and therefore my money as well. As far as relieving anxiety, time at home with my cats is far more effective.

Just to clarify, I was not advocating recreational use. In my case I see that it would waste my time … and therefore my money as well. As far as relieving anxiety, time at home with my cats is far more effective.

Kassie hug your cats be happy.

And hey no problem, whatever it takes
I want to know about plan A,

Kassie hug your cats be happy.

And hey no problem, whatever it takes
I want to know about plan A,

You really don't. It starts with making continuing care arrangements for my cats, and ends in blissful oblivion. Plan B starts with getting a diagnosis so I'll have legal recourse against intolerance & harassment, and requires me to continue to struggle through this 'Life Sentence' of cruel & unusual punishment.

You really don't. It starts with making continuing care arrangements for my cats, and ends in blissful oblivion. Plan B starts with getting a diagnosis so I'll have legal recourse against intolerance & harassment, and requires me to continue to struggle through this 'Life Sentence' of cruel & unusual punishment.

I had a plan A once, and chose plan B. Plan B is much better than plan A.

ImageUploadedByAspiesCentral.com1402854511.796178.jpg

I wouldn't have been able to feed my ducks by the canal I live by nowadays if I'd have chosen plan A.

So very true.
your mallards are so much cuter than muscovy ducks
upload_2014-6-15_13-51-55.jpeg
upside to bad times is you really learn to appreciate good times

I had a plan A once, and chose plan B. Plan B is much better than plan A.

View attachment 11359

I wouldn't have been able to feed my ducks by the canal I live by nowadays if I'd have chosen plan A.

I'm glad that worked out for you.

Plan B requires that I find a source of income, which means subjecting myself to continuing humiliation and harassment. Just the thought of it sends me into a panic attack ... with Plan A, I don't have to worry about things like that so I feel much more calm, and I can enjoy the time I have left. Quality over quantity.

I'm glad that worked out for you.

Plan B requires that I find a source of income, which means subjecting myself to continuing humiliation and harassment. Just the thought of it sends me into a panic attack ... with Plan A, I don't have to worry about things like that so I feel much more calm, and I can enjoy the time I have left. Quality over quantity.

Are you based in the uk? There are benefits you can claim. You can also work so many hours a week and keep getting the benefits.

Are you based in the uk? There are benefits you can claim. You can also work so many hours a week and keep getting the benefits.

I'm in the US, and I've applied, but it takes a few years ... a lawyer ... several layers of automatic denials ... appearing in court a few times ... nervewracking stuff. I doubt my savings will last that long, and I refuse to be homeless. Quality over quantity.

I'm in the US, and I've applied, but it takes a few years ... a lawyer ... several layers of automatic denials ... appearing in court a few times ... nervewracking stuff. I doubt my savings will last that long, and I refuse to be homeless. Quality over quantity.

:(

OK Kassie, now I get it well file with social security get the damn lawyer and fight, I did and it is a true hell on earth. But after 30 months several denials and an appearence before an ALJ I did get my SSDI for aspergers and. Now I never have to go to job again where NT's are just so NT. If you have a legit claim its worth it. After I got done I recieved a lump sum for the entire period from when I first filed plus 12 months previous. After I paid accrued debts I still had a little left. I now receive a monthly ss check its not what I used to earn but its enough. A plus is it takes so damn long that by the time you get done you get really good at being poor. I am told you can get ssi a little quicker but I would talk to a lawyer who does this. And get a good shrink doc who will appear at any hearings - its money well spent.

New Threads

Top Bottom