• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Can anyone do crowds or the great outdoors?

We generally have snow until April sometime. Then in May it warms up REALLY quick. As the temperature adjusts it's not uncommon for it to snow one day and be 80 degrees the day before. It's hard to keep up with the weather here. XD

We generally have snow until April sometime. Then in May it warms up REALLY quick. As the temperature adjusts it's not uncommon for it to snow one day and be 80 degrees the day before. It's hard to keep up with the weather here. XD

Geez lol. At least your not stuck with crappy 'inbetween' weather by the sounds of things. I hate the couple of months it takes to slowly heat up to a fully-fledged summer lol. And the two or so months it takes to cool back down is just depressing.

I love sleeping in the woods, especially in winter (without actually making a camp/campfire), basically befriending the silence (or a voice, far off) and cold. I really don't mind being held in Nature's naked arms this way. I also often swim in cold lakes. Other than that, I love Nature (the mud, grit, worms, snow, what not) in all seasons, so much that it's the only thing I wear besides nakedness :rolleyes2:. When it's raining, I can be out there for hours in the semi-celestial downpour, either sentimentally motionless (pained) or wildly ecstatic. Thankfully, Sweden has many empty quarters, not as huge as the silent wilderness of the Sonoran desert, but vast enough for insanity.

I don't do very well in crowds of people, I start getting panicky around people especially when im off to pay my rent at the post office. My head says come on hurry up queue i cant deal with it i nearly fainted in the queue today. I am like this when people get in my way in town im like want to get out of the situation quickly but find it hard to avoid as its all over the high street but still go out and about

I love sleeping in the woods, especially in winter (without actually making a camp/campfire), basically befriending the silence (or a voice, far off) and cold. I really don't mind being held in Nature's naked arms this way. I also often swim in cold lakes. Other than that, I love Nature (the mud, grit, worms, snow, what not) in all seasons, so much that it's the only thing I wear besides nakedness :rolleyes2:. When it's raining, I can be out there for hours in the semi-celestial downpour, either sentimentally motionless (pained) or wildly ecstatic. Thankfully, Sweden has many empty quarters, not as huge as the silent wilderness of the Sonoran desert, but vast enough for insanity.

I can relate to that. I camp in the woods whenever I can, and I love walking in the rain. If it wasn't for the fact that I camp with my mate, I probably wouldn't take clothes. I plan to start camping on my own this year and going on some long walks. I cant say I've swam in any cold lakes, but I would probably do it just to tell people that I had!

I really feel like camping now, but I have college tomorrow morning :(

I can't do heavy crowds, its too overwhelming for me to be honest with you... :thumbsdown:
Yet I can handle talking in crowds as before I could never have dine anything like that or would be willing to do it.

I don`t go out so much. I`m most of the time at home but I do go shopping, movies, gym and stuff. I haven`t ever been so scared or tensed when I go out and I`m in places with lots of people. And I don`t drink. I also get along with anyone and don`t panic if some stranger comes and talks to me. Panicking does`t help you.

But I don`t like parties, discos and especially those where people drink. I was once invited to a "Christmas-disco-party". I knew that its one of that kinds of party where people drink, dance sexy dances and lick each other. I went there alone. Not in a gang of friends. When I was there, I felt like I din`t belong there. I felt like an orphan. A few guys and even girls asked me to join them and one girl even asked me to dance if I remember correctly. But at that time, I was a coward with no balls and did`t have much confidence in myself. But I have changed pretty much and still working on it.

Buddha used to say: "What we think, we become". So my point is that if you want to be more braver and sociable, think yourself like that and slowly and surely you will change. If you truly want and believe in it.

"I knew that its one of that kinds of party where people drink, dance sexy dances and lick each other. "

...Can I borrow this sentence?

I am a bit like Emor... Only every weekend i go to the racing track to race my ass off just to let off some steam and then i have to work the whole week again...
thumbsup.gif
I gave up racing on the motorway
dribble.gif
shiftyninja.gif
As it can't get fast enough and with this lack of self controle and being without fear it's dangerous to be there on the road with me
shifty.gif

The last two days have been awesome. :D The weather has been really good/seems to have been warming up slightly... summer is coming! Can't wait. :D :D :D :D :D

I am actually getting kind of okay with being social in different situations. Went to Newcastle with Chris and two of his friends and we had to stay over, I coped!

I told my key worker and he told me he used to work in a country that helps people with agoraphobics and told me if i dont see someone quickly about what is happening in town i could be agoraphobic so bad that i wont be able to leave the house.

The only crowd i've been handling is doing speeches in open spaces in this big massive room at my college, yet that's quite nerve wrecking.

New Threads

Top Bottom