• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Books you'd like to see adapted into TV Shows...

AGXStarseed

(For the sister thread, Books you'd like to see adapted into Movies, click here: https://www.aspiescentral.com/threads/books-youd-like-to-see-adapted-into-movies.16096/ )

This thread is quite simple; put down any books you'd like to see receive TV series adaptions. This doesn't count books that have had adaptions previously.

Here's a few examples;

1. Stephen King's Dark Tower Series: This one was one intended to be a series of movies with a TV series to tie in (similar to what Marvel is doing). However, it was rejected at the time.
For me, I think a full TV series could work - especially considering the amount of detail in the series both in ju.

2. The WWW Trilogy (Wake, Watch, Wonder): A trilogy of books showing how the life of a blind Autistic girl been given a device that could help her regain her sight comes into contact with an 'emergent' digital intelligence on the internet called Webmind. The books are very detailed and so I feel a TV series would do better then a movie at showing how these two characters meet, the challenges they have to face together as well as the other story elements happening around them.

3. The Chronicles of Prydain: This already received a movie adaption of one of the books by Disney many years back with "The Black Cauldron", although that received a poor reception by audiences, critics and fans alike (especially the annoying depiction of Gurgi). Done correctly, the Chronicles of Prydain could make a great TV series or even movie series.

New Threads

Top Bottom