• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Bombarded with Youtube ads?

Yeah, while I have an ad blocker on my desktop, using Youtube app on my phone I have noted more ads, even than before. Before most ads just played at the start of the video but now they appear in the middel as well.

Idk of companies started to bomb videos to increase their sales during this pandemic, but at least for me so many ads make the opposite effect, they make me "hate" the companies and try not to buy anything from them.
It used to be the case that it would be only the short ads that would make me "hate" the companies and not want to buy their products; it felt like they were going "na na na boo boo, you have to watch us!" Now though, there are so many ads, and so many un-skip-able ads, that's actually become a bit of a blur and I can't remember which companies to "hate" and refuse to buy from.

Always, always use adblocker. Just do it. More than one blocker, if possible.

If you're concerned about supporting content creators, look for their Patreon accounts or whatever. Believe me, they know full well how bloody annoying this junk is... there's a reason why more and more are turning to alternate methods of support.

Ad makers never seem to grasp that maybe... just MAYBE... annoying the funky heck outta potential customers isnt the best way to get them to buy something. But then, that's corporate logic for you.
Adblockers here I come.

Another thing about youtube I do not like that is not on topic but I hate intro openings. I have seen it and it gets old so I just skip it. I wish there was add on extensions for intro blockers.
Give up !I've tried four ad blockers still get them sneaking somewhere ,I've gone back to adblock browser,find adblock app descriptions infuriating and hilarious, they say with ads!!!! are they on something .

I tried to watch Scott Adams' podcast this morning on youtube but I had to quit because there were ads every 3 minutes on an hour long show.

Luckily he broadcasts the same show on Periscope so I watched it over there, add free. :cool:

Unfortunately, the ad blocker doesn't work on the YouTube app at all. The awful desktop version can block ads though. I know this is possible if you use Opera.

It's really nippy seeing the same ads.

New Threads

Top Bottom