• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Bodybuilding advice needed

androidfanboy

Anyone else been very self conscious about their arms and just how skinny they are in general? Well I tried to do something about it and i’ve been lifting weights at home and at the gym on and off without any results whatsoever.

I’ve also been stuck at around 9 stone for several years and just can’t gain any weight for some reason (probably bad genes). I want to just get bigger arms so a girl will actually notice me and so I’m not just really weak. However, I see so many different opinions on what workouts to do that I’m just left confused. Could anyone possibly help?

I thought it was as simple as just curling my dumbbells until my arms are tired but it turns out that I have to be aware of what muscle groups I’m targeting or I’ll cause muscle imbalances.

Can anyone simplify working out for me or does it have to be complicated?

I dont know how you do your workout. I hope you just dont do that for your arms?

- If you are a beginniner go for full body training, split can be used but many months after.

I am no expert but if you want to grow some muscle you need to put your whole body to work.

If you think that you are skinny , tageting only one muscle is not a good idea because this is basically useless to counterproductive and even dangerous.

Start with polyarticular exercices that doesnt target your arms/ biceps directly.

Keep in mind that the biceps isnt the bigger part of your arm, you need also triceps with other exercices than triceps.
But those exercices shouldnt be what you aim first when you go to the gym, aiming only that is similar as doing nothing.

Your arms are in general one if not the hardest thing to work on.

I advise you to find a program for beginner online, ( beginner our slightly advanced) , and go to the gym.

I feel you too, i wanted big arms ( i forgot the idea now i dont care about my physical form /dont try to find a girlfriend.) , but this is actually a thing that come in last in your training.

Start with the basis. Then after few weeks , months you can consider it with split session.

Why i say that, because if you target just your arms you wont have enought stress and energy in your training so you wont progress, and you will exhaust your arms so you might not be able to do better exercices later + It might be dangerous.

There is so many thing to work on with our body, that V shape, strong legs , abs , etc...

If you are serious about body building, do NOT even go there with Steroids etc, Arnold Schwarzennegger used them back in the 70's and is now undergoing open heart surgery *see my thread in off topic from around the end of last week)

To complete what Rich Allen just said, well at the gym you see many body builders who has been doing it for years and some of them use steroids to have better result, not just better but unnatural , so don't get fooled !

Basically the smallest change you get in this domain may seem small but actually this is the best you can reach without cheating, don't lose your motivation^^

Last edited:
To complete what Allen just said, well at the gym you see many body builders who has been doing it for years and some of them use steroids to have better result, not just better but unnatural , so don't get fooled !

Basically the smallest change you get in this domain may seem small but actually this is the best you can reach without cheating, don't lose your motivation^^

My name is Rich Allen, please use my first name.

Sorry i am not english i thought Allen was your first name xD
This is funny because my last name also looks like a first name and IRL people tends to call me by my last name xD

I’d agree on the muscle groups thing.

Bigger muscles are made because your body gets a message that a particular part of it is required to be stronger.

In basic terms the muscle fibres are overworked and torn slightly. They knit back together and fill in the space (caused by tear)
= bigger muscle

There’s a lot of good advice above

Creatine monohydrate is a good way to jump start your muscles. The only side effect is a possible increase in asthmatic symptoms in those with asthma. It is non steroidal. I took it for two months in high school, and my bench press went from 80lbs to 160 in three and a half months. You can check it out on Wikipedia. It is naturally produced in the body, and sends extra water to your muscles.

Also, I worked out hard at night and drank a quarter cup of pink wine: not enough to intoxicate but it got me ready.

Above all, eat. You have to gain weight to increase muscle mass. Peanut-butter-and-banana sandwiches with whole wheat nut/seed bread will do the trick. Lots of them.

It didn't help with impressing girls much, however:) I was still considered the odd man out.

Sorry i am not english i thought Allen was your first name xD
This is funny because my last name also looks like a first name and IRL people tends to call me by my last name xD

Please see my forum username, t is also my real life name.

Do you see?

New Threads

Top Bottom