• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Blast From the Past (1999)

FromEquestria2LA

Here's a nice 1990s film for these insular times we're in.

Simply put, Blast From the Past is about this man who has lived in a bomb shelter for the past 35 years, and is forced to go above ground when circumstances come up.

I highly recommend it! :) I think it is a rather charming film, and I've been watching it a lot lately. I'll never get tired of it as long as these insular times last.

Let's have a discussion about the film. Like, what you like/dislike about it, your fave/funniest moments.... those things.

And go!

I remember this movie and enjoyed it. Brendan Fraser was one of my favourite actors during the late 90s a early 2000s.

I love this movie! When I was married, we used to watch it as part of our regular rotation of comedies we'd watch again and again.

It was written and directed by Hugh Wilson, who is best known for creating the hit TV show WKRP In Cincinnati, part of the MTM Productions stable of quality television from the 70s and 80s. He's a great guy--you can see him in interviews on YouTube where he talks about making WKRP and you can tell why his stuff is so good.

I haven't watched it in a while but I love a lot of things about it.
  • Dave Foley's character is basically a re-hash of his character "Riley" from the "Steps" series of sketches on The Kids in the Hall. Similar look, voice, mannerisms. I love that he figures out that Adam is telling the truth by going through his suitcase and noticing the super-old brand of toothpaste.
  • Christopher Walken playing an eccentric genius is awesome. Hot root beer. So bizarre.
  • I really feel sorry for Sissy Spacek's character through it all. She's such a trooper, though.
  • Super funny running joke about how the father spends 30 years trying to explain baseball to Adam, to no avail, and it isn't until Adam sees it actually happening that it makes any sense. "Because he must!"
  • "You have a computer? In the house?"
  • I love that when Troy explains that Eve needs a nice man, and not a nice boy, Adam immediately figures it out and steps up his character.
  • "I thought only hookers drank those." "Well, I know Mom sure likes 'em."
  • Nathan Fillion. Saw this before I saw him in anything else (especially Firefly), so it's weird looking back and seeing him with '90s hair. Adam defending himself is awesome. "Aren't you a butt with hair? And shallow as well?"

New Threads

Top Bottom