• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Birthdays

Stevie1903

Well today is my birthday. The problem I have is every year I look forward to it, as most people do. Unfortunately for as many years as I can remember when it arrives I seem to enter a very low mood.

I don't want any fuss and don't ask for much. I don't like or want surprises. The problem is on the day I feel almost depressed at how little effort has been made and how we don't do much to clelebrate. It is my doing.

Today has been poor. I took the day off work so my wife and I could go for lunch together. It didn't happen. We've been busy getting work done in the house so didn't have time.

I loved my birthday as a kid but as an adult I seem to find it Increasingly difficult.

Well, HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Hope isn't all that bad. I usually don't do anything for my birthday either. As a kid I did, but not anymore.

I would prefer for my birthday to be the same in adulthood as in childhood, but unfortunately I've recently learned that it can't always be. Especially now that I have a job again.
That's not stopping me from trying to make it special, though. ;)

It is difficult for me as well. The next day is difficult for me as well, I always feel hollow. In fact holidays make me stressed, even though I enjoy nature and seasonal changes of the year.

Happy Birthday Stevie1903.

Happy birthday!

I don't like it when my family makes a big deal out of my birthday either, especially now that I'm an adult. I don't even really need presents anymore to be honest (especially after coming to the realization that objects really don't make me happy). Being a food lover, I'd just appreciate going to a restaurant with my parents and brother. Oh, and getting one of those big plastic take-home contaiiners of my favorite flavor of Baskin Robbins Ice Cream. Mmm......

How was your birthday? Good?
Not really. Had Chinese takeout for dinner with my wife and daughter. Had some birthday wishes on Facebook and text and it was an effort to acknowledge. I would have been equally unhappy if people had ignored it! Today is about trying to build bridges with my wife.

Well today is my birthday. The problem I have is every year I look forward to it, as most people do. Unfortunately for as many years as I can remember when it arrives I seem to enter a very low mood.

I don't want any fuss and don't ask for much. I don't like or want surprises. The problem is on the day I feel almost depressed at how little effort has been made and how we don't do much to clelebrate. It is my doing.

Today has been poor. I took the day off work so my wife and I could go for lunch together. It didn't happen. We've been busy getting work done in the house so didn't have time.

I loved my birthday as a kid but as an adult I seem to find it Increasingly difficult.

I suppose that's adulthood for you. My last birthday involved working 10-8 then a quiet get together later. Birthdays can be good but work must come first I'm affraid. Try and arrange to do something another day when the both of you are free. See it as a double birthday! :)

New Threads

Top Bottom