• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Best friend - definition

Until I came here I never had a best friend. I thought I did way back in middle school but when I looked back I realized I had done all the work of the 'friendship' and not received anything in return.

I have a best friend now and like Sabrina, I thank God for him everyday.:D He's all the descriptions I've mentioned and more.

Best friend to me:

Can talk about anything and everything.
Listens well and offers advice, sympathy etc. as needed.
Natural connection where I feel at ease.
Challenges me and helps me to be a better person.
Isn't afraid to be honest with me even when it hurts.
Accepts me just the way I am.
Respects me even when we disagree.
Is trustworthy.
Has a great sense of humor.

There's probably more but at the moment my mind has kind of went blank. I really like this thread. It just makes me appreciate even more the awesome friendship I have and how lucky I am to have found it. :D

And all things change...

From every good morning and every good night and being available at anytime for any situation - to something different and less.

I’m alexithymic which is not associated with autism.

What ever you do, do it to the best of your abilities for as long as you can sustain, give to others all that you are and all that you have to offer, honestly and openly - that is the greatest gift.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom