• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Being Completely Honest...

HaleyMeadows97

Hey, I'm Haley Meadows, 17 years old, and I have been recently diagnosed with high functioning autism. Well, I always knew I was different, I just didn't know there was a word or disorder for it. I truly believed one day the medical community would study my body and brain after I died and realize I was some further evolved humanoid or I had a mental condition unknown until that point and therefore suddenly a Wikipedia page would be formed to explain the newly discovered Meadows syndrome. I'm unsure about this whole autism deal, but I'm glad there are now others who know how it is to live with such a unusual mind set. But, being completely honest, I want to meet others like me. I want to form relationships and on much deeper, more intellectual levels, than I can with the people in my life so far. I want to have friends that actual understand me. I want to have deep intellectual, evenly sided, conversations with other human beings. I want to use big words without being looked at differently. I want to meet someone who actually says, "Yeah, I've been thinking that, too." So if any of you want this too, I would love to talk to any of you.

Yep. Wyv said it. You came to the right place Hailey. Welcome. :)

You are NOT alone.

Welcome Haley :)

I'm sure you'll fit in very well here. Feel free to look around, ask questions, share stories, and get to know everyone.

If you're looking for some reading material regarding Autism and AS, we have a recommended readings area you may be interested in browsing too:
Asperger's & Autism Resources | AspiesCentral.com

Hi Haley and welcome,
I dont think there's a person on this forum who doesn't get where your coming from. This is the only place where I adopt full honesty. Why? Because they are the only ones genuine in there response to it.
Cheers
Turk

Welcome to the forums! :)
You'll be able to relate to a lot of people around here, its a really great environment with lots of interesting, and friendly people.

Hi! I thought I was a unique case too, until one day my mom had the "Aspie talk" with me. It really feels better to know you have something that other people suffer from too. :)

Sent from my iPad using AspiesCentral.com

being an aspie is hard as a teenager...i didnt even know about my diagnosis until i was 18 so had no idea why i was so different.

Last edited by a moderator:

New Threads

Top Bottom