• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Behavior in society, how to deal?

lazaro.rafael

It is common knowledge that any society is governed by rules socias as greetings, compliments, smiles, hugs, congratulations, be a friend in hours "difficult" and so on.
We Aspies, have difficulties in knowing these thousands of rules that apply to thousands of other situations.
How to act?
How, in a situation, knowing what to do, what to say when talking about?
I studied psychology on their own, in the Behavioral, Relationships, Body Reading, Face Reading, and other areas of psychology, but not enough, in many situations can not handle properly, say or do things "strange", but to me they are perfectly right and normal; facial expression is another problem, in my case is almost nil my facial expression, which appears aggressiveness and exponentially difficult conversations and interactions.

If you have one or all of these problems, how they deal with it?

I suppose it would be possible to learn the correct ways as an actor would. However, I think in my case, I concluded I prefer to just relax about how I am but try not to allow myself to become too isolated. Lately, I've taken to joking and maybe being kind of unorthodox when I see some girls I know who work in a shop. It was funny because the other day one of the girls grabbed the shop microphone and announced to everybody I had entered the shop. It was a joke on her part because, at first, she thought I was a bit weird but got to know me in time and now says it cheers her up when I come in and make jokes. I mean, I tend to rattle to any poor sucker who's around about my music (always girls) and deep down I know it's not a done thing to monopolise conversation. Really, though, I can't seem to help drifting back into it and maybe it's better than way than if I just came into a place, said hello and left.
So, I think it's possible maybe to learn the rules in time but I'd rather just be who I am and keep an emphasis if possible on a sense of humour.

It is common knowledge that any society is governed by rules socias as greetings, compliments, smiles, hugs, congratulations, be a friend in hours "difficult" and so on.
We Aspies, have difficulties in knowing these thousands of rules that apply to thousands of other situations.
How to act?
I studied psychology on their own, in the Behavioral, Relationships, Body Reading, Face Reading, and other areas of psychology, but not enough, in many situations can not handle properly, say or do things "strange", but to me they are perfectly right and normal; facial expression is another problem, in my case is almost nil my facial expression, which appears aggressiveness and exponentially difficult conversations and interactions.

I suppose it would be possible to learn the correct ways as an actor would. However, I think in my case, I concluded I prefer to just relax about how I am but try not to allow myself to become too isolated. Lately, I've taken to joking and maybe being kind of unorthodox when I see some girls I know who work in a shop. It was funny because the other day one of the girls grabbed the shop microphone and announced to everybody I had entered the shop. It was a joke on her part because, at first, she thought I was a bit weird but got to know me in time and now says it cheers her up when I come in and make jokes. I mean, I tend to rattle to any poor sucker who's around about my music (always girls) and deep down I know it's not a done thing to monopolise conversation. Really, though, I can't seem to help drifting back into it and maybe it's better than way than if I just came into a place, said hello and left.
So, I think it's possible maybe to learn the rules in time but I'd rather just be who I am and keep an emphasis if possible on a sense of humour.

I've had such an idea, sometimes it works, sometimes not ....
As for the humor, sometimes it does not seem as funny as intended, causing embarrassment ...
Funny, why, in the midst of my family, I'm considered quite comical ... There is no way to understand ...
It's complicated, so I tend to stay isolated.
Incidentally, my vision of Asperger's Syndrome, which is born with no social skills that neurotypicals already born, and over the years, with mistakes and experience, are gradually acquiring these skills, or maybe in a few years I can be "normal."

How to act?

I do not agree with the rules of society that force people into certain behaviors. Much like training animals so called societal rules TRAIN people. I am not a dog, I do not need training. Most people use these societal rules as a forefront, a fake facade while they carry on their dubious plans.
People who will greet you friendly, that will abide by all of these rules, but plot to take you down as soon as you turn your back.

Societal rules are nothing more than a playing field for people who want to use trickery in my opinion. The face that smiles at me and slowly takes out the knife behind my back haunts me in my dreams.

New Threads

Top Bottom