• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Based on you as a person, what superpower suits you? (think; Misifts, that tv show)

I'm not sure.
I use my computer a lot as that's really my best way of communicating/interacting with the outside world (I can do it physically, but it's a lot more difficult and I don't have a lot of time to plan my answers, etc.)

When I don't have my computer and neither the TV or games console is available, I can get really on edge to the point where I'm just wondering around aimlessly. Sounds sad, I know.
So for my power? I'm not sure...maybe something digital/technology related?

When it comes to complementing a defficit; a perfect memory would be the tiecket.

I agree. I would also like an eidetic memory. As a teacher, I have horrible problems with recalling names and faces. This changes over time as I interact with my students and of course the very first names I ever learn are the kids who are giving me problems because I have to call their parents or fill out discipline referral forms - so knowing who these students are is important. I also learn the names of my most reliable students. Some of these students become my "go to" resources when I have to pull a student crew together for a school related catering event. The rest are just blurs.

I compensate by having assigned seating. I also compensate by having students sign in at their respective work stations.

The only problem with an eidetic memory is that it has an Achille's heel. The flip side to always being able to remember everything in perfect detail is that you also can't FORGET anything ... so this super power has its own built in kryptonite of sorts.

Pity.

But then I don't have an eidetic memory ... so I'm relieved. I think. Maybe not. (wanders off mumbling to himself)

New Threads

Top Bottom