• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Band Merchendise

W

Willow

I thought I'd start with something that I used to be obsessed with. From about 13 to 16 I was obsessed with the band Evanescence. I used to buy every scrap of merchendise to do with them and keep it under my bed. I'd bring it out and look at it all and feel proud that I had it and then pack it all away again. I also got obsessed with the band My Chemical Romance and did the same thing. It got very expensive! I drew the line after I started getting obsessed with other bands, because I decided it wasn't rational. I sold all of it, except for the CD's, when I was 16. I felt that I didn't want it anymore because I had started to move on, and having it in my room still upset me.

She isn't kidding lol.

Only ever owned two in flames shirts, a slayer shirt, and a slipknot pendant lol. :p

The whole taking all the stuff out and looking at it sounds very familiar! I'm just like that with my books (I have around 4000 volumes :eek: ). I do have something of an obssession with Robert E. Howard (creator of Conan), and buy pretty much anything related to him. I even own the Playstation game of Conan, even though I don't have a Playstation lol.

But music is my primary thing at the moment. I keep discovering new instruments that I want to learn to play. Latest is harmonica. And yeah, obssessions can be extremely expensive!!! Sad really, I think my book obssession is one of the reasons my last girlfriend dumped me: she was at Luton university back in 2000-2002 and I'd visit on the weekends. Found a really cool bookstall in the indoor market and would spend every penny on books, so I never had anything left to go out with. Laura would get pretty miffed at this habit, led to a lot of arguments. But there were so many cool books!! I couldn't resist!! lol. Been single since then, much better: no stress, no arguments. I can spend my money on whatever I choose without having to worry it's gonna cause trouble :D Sorry for rambling. Oh yeah, and Slayer rule! But My Dying Bride are better ;)

Hehe, slayer headlined my first concert. :p Unholy Alliance: Chapter II tour. MEN Arena, Nov 3rd, 2006 - Slayer, In Flames (woo), Lamb of God, Children of Bodom, Thine Eyes Bleed. Got there late so missed Thine eyes bleed, but saw most of bodom and the rest of the bands. :D Willow found me that concert.

Eek! I'm just too old :( Heard of all those bands, but not actually heard their music. Haven't been to a gig since Marilyn Manson in London 2001.

Eek! I'm just too old :( Heard of all those bands, but not actually heard their music. Haven't been to a gig since Marilyn Manson in London 2001.

You gotta get out there man! Gigs give me such a buzz. Well.. if you don't have any anxiety issues or anything with that kind of thing. :p

You gotta get out there man! Gigs give me such a buzz. Well.. if you don't have any anxiety issues or anything with that kind of thing. :p

Yeah, that's kinda the problem. I had to drink to handle stuff like that in the past. Tried going out sober once, spent the whole night sat in a corner terrified that someone would come and talk to me lol. Besides, I'm just a tad out of shape; reckon the mosh pit would probably do me in :D

Aww. :(

Hmm. One problem I have with metal gigs is the crowd. I don't really mind being close to people or pushed around, but pits, crowd surfers, etc, just ruin it for me. Don't see the point. :(

Retarded metal culture imo.

Aww. :(

Hmm. One problem I have with metal gigs is the crowd. I don't really mind being close to people or pushed around, but pits, crowd surfers, etc, just ruin it for me. Don't see the point. :(

Retarded metal culture imo.

Yep, it doesn't really work unless you're drunk lol. I knew a guy who broke his left arm in the pit. Two weeks after he had the cast removed he broke the right one :D Crowd surfers really used to bother me. I'm 6 foot 3 inches tall and I'd always end up taking most of the weight. Plus I got my leather wristband caught in someone's bootstraps once and almost broke my wrist. Not good.

I'm 6 ft 2, so i hear ya! :( I'm constantly turning around to check if some arsehole is about to land on my head. :( Kind of ruins the show for me.

lol

I like gigs but...I've bought seated tickets to the past couple that I've been to. I just can't handle the crowds. I had a panic attack at my first gig, that was AWFUL. :(

I think I prefer being seated tbh. Was only seated at my first gig, there always seems to be a part of me that wants the gig to be over when I have to stand, no matter who's playing... or if somebody is in the same city. :D

:)

I hated standing, it's just so...uncomfortable. Seeing Tim Minchin was awesome. Not really a gig though. No standing, no screaming, no crowd surfing..etc. Woo!

Never been to a gig where seating was an option. Rock City in Nottingham mostly. Almost passed out when I went to see Fear Factory there, way too hot.

Lol, only been to Rock City once. To see bands I hated, woo... I have some hardcore... 'friends' (right.. :/ ) at college that we're going to see Mindless Self Indulgence (Well, they're okay...), Bring Me The Horizon (They're not okay lol), and 3 other terrible bands and one of them dropped out, so i said I'd go with the spare ticket. It was full of 13-14 year olds, I was like.. at least a foot taller than everyone else, so i just waded my way to the front. Caught MSI drummer's drumstick though. XD Don't think I've ever felt so hated or out of place. :p

Lol, only been to Rock City once. To see bands I hated, woo... I have some hardcore... 'friends' (right.. :/ ) at college that we're going to see Mindless Self Indulgence (Well, they're okay...), Bring Me The Horizon (They're not okay lol), and 3 other terrible bands and one of them dropped out, so i said I'd go with the spare ticket. It was full of 13-14 year olds, I was like.. at least a foot taller than everyone else, so i just waded my way to the front. Caught MSI drummer's drumstick though. XD Don't think I've ever felt so hated or out of place. :p

Nice! lol! I always used to wade to the front too, with my shorter friends forming a trail behind me, hanging on to my braces :D But the most I ever caught was a mouthful of whiskey in the face from Rob Zombie's guitarist :(

Lmao, that's rough. I always seem to be able to get to the 2nd row (at least :D ) if I want to. Getting there early just seems to be pointless. :)

I saw My Chemical Romance at Rock City. Got there like...7 hours early and stood outside. Was at the front :)

New Threads

Top Bottom