• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Bad habits

asd8513

Do any of you guys have a bad habit of smoking? Did you? How did you quit? I picked it up about 9 months ago and cant quit. The stress of life and depression got me to that point.

I know this sounds weird but nope, I do not have any bad habits! Well ok, my husband hates me fiddling with my hair and so, I guess that could constitute a bad habit!

I have never taken up smoking and to be honest, can't see what all the fuss is!

But sure that there are many on here, who do have bad habits!

I switched to a vaporizer and swear by it. Once you get the initial equipment (I think I paid around US$65 for mine, but you can get much cheaper models), the cost is quite low compared to cigarettes (about half, I think, if I'm tracking correctly). It's not a complete solution, but it's at least a cheaper one, and much less smelly. You can get the juice in varying nicotine levels as well, so if you like, you can slowly reduce your levels.

I had one a few months ago but my mom found it and threw it away. And i had JUST bought some new flavor packs for it!

I had one a few months ago but my mom found it and threw it away. And i had JUST bought some new flavor packs for it!
That is absurd.

And I'm not talking about "e-cigs"...which I assume you mean by flavor packs. I mean the sort that you buy a battery, and a tank, and put liquid in yourself. I'm just utterly confounded by the fact that your mom would find that unacceptable if she knows full well that you smoke actual cigarettes.

Ask her if you can get one like wyverary is talking about like a kanger or ego and use the zero nicotine juice.

I started smoking at 13 and never tried to quit until 2 months ago using a proper vaporizer. It's a horrible addiction worse I think as an aspie because smoking becomes a routine and a stim

I've never been a tobacco smoker, because I know I wouldn't be able to quit. I'm also a pretty cheap person and the idea of going to the store constantly and interacting with cashiers stresses me out. I do know a few people have quit though and one guy who is trying to quit. Some of the people used the patch, some the gum, a couple of them vaporizers, 1 guy quit cold turkey (by his admission, he doesn't have an addictive personality though). Also I once met a guy who carried around cigarette shaped stick in an old pack and he would take it out anytime he felt the urge or he was standing around 'the social circle'.

The guy who is trying to quit right now was bribed into it, because one of his friends was seeing how much of toll it was taking on his health. He's doing it cold turkey.

New Threads

Top Bottom