• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Autism and Competiveness

When it comes to being competitive, I

• Am not and really don’t care to be.

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Am on certain things, particularly things that are of interest like video games, certain sports, etc

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • Can be if necessary, but am not normally.

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Would prefer to be left alone as I could care less.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am very competitive and will do what's necessary to win!

Votes: 5 17.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was never interested in most sports but did enjoy racket sports in high school. I play smash bros competitively at the local collage weekly.

At least for me in the sport of rodeo, granted it is a very strange sport. I'm mostly competing with myself in that in my mind I have a certain expectation of how well I know or at least I can ride so until I'm as good as I'm going to be I'm going to keep working toward my goal. The only sad part is that I know that's never going to last.

At least for me in the sport of rodeo, granted it is a very strange sport. I'm mostly competing with myself in that in my mind I have a certain expectation of how well I know or at least I can ride so until I'm as good as I'm going to be I'm going to keep working toward my goal. The only sad part is that I know that's never going to last.

And you are GOOD! This guy can ride folks- he's won thousands of dollar in one day of bronc riding at a rodeo. Just thought the forum should know he is an honest to goodness cowboy :D

Recently I read an interesting article about those on the spectrum and competiveness and it caused me to think. Most Aspies that I know do not participate in sports nor enjoy the drama of the game; I am one of them. On the other hand, many do enjoy video games, etc.

I enjoy motorsports, but it’s not the competition that attracts me. Rather, it’s the drama of man and machine, the speed, the flirtation with disaster. I have never been a competitive person; I have never seen the reason or need for competing against others for any purpose.

The article alluded to those that play video games and what takes place is not competition, but a drive to win that is not like those competing. I can’t recall the term used, but I understood what it was getting at having observed it in others.

With that said, are you competitive? If so, what do you derive from it? If not, what are your reasons?

So I really don’t seek out opportunities to compete for the feeling of winning. It serves absolutely no purpose. I’m not keeping score in anything. I want to do a good job at work, be a good citizen, neighbor, husband, and father.

New Threads

Top Bottom