• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Astral Projection

Shiznown

I don't know if anyone on the forum has heard of it. I've been wanting to do it for years. The way my life is going, I feel I keep getting pushed to keep trying. In many regards, I can't seem to catch a break in life. Maybe this could be a useful tool.

Interesting. I think I had an out-of-body experience once. I was extremely stressed out and lying in bed. Suddenly, I was aware of being about three feet above my body. It frightened me, so I actually turned around and "jumped" back into myself. I got up immediately and was completely disoriented in my own room. I didn't know which way to go to get to the door. I rationalized later that maybe I hadn't synced inside my body yet and was still turned around. I read up on astral projection after that. I tried, but was never able to recreate the experience. How would you use astral projection as a tool?

I would use it to help guide me in life. Sort of use it as a scouting tool in terms of jobs, relationships, and other aspects of life. Also just the ability to explore and get away for the banality of my normal life, would be fantastic.

I've always thought of astral projection as a means to get to the other side. But only to visit...not to stay. For the purpose of spiritual enlightenment. Something close to a near death experience but without the trauma of a possibility of death and maintaining a whole lot more control.

Interesting. I think I had an out-of-body experience once. I was extremely stressed out and lying in bed. Suddenly, I was aware of being about three feet above my body. It frightened me, so I actually turned around and "jumped" back into myself. I got up immediately and was completely disoriented in my own room. I didn't know which way to go to get to the door. I rationalized later that maybe I hadn't synced inside my body yet and was still turned around. I read up on astral projection after that. I tried, but was never able to recreate the experience. How would you use astral projection as a tool?

That's what happened to me when I was incredibly stressed, but I think it's more dissociation than astral projection. Astral projection is done intentionally when you are in a calm state. Astral projection is used as a way to be somewhere else and being able to see and hear what is going on right at that time while your body is safe lying in bed. Believe it or not, I listen to this one radio talk show that's world wide called "Coast to Coast am" and they have talked about how astral projection has even been tested in the military as a means to find out what other countries are doing.

Look up "Major Ed Dames Astral Projection". It's also termed "Remote Viewing". He conducts classes on remote viewing. Very interesting topic.

Look up "Major Ed Dames Astral Projection". It's also termed "Remote Viewing". He conducts classes on remote viewing. Very interesting topic.

A good friend of mine had a relative that was in a remote viewing program in the military long ago. The person said he decided the training was too intense, and apparently, there's some psychic danger involved. He resigned before learning all the techniques, but he said it's definitely "for real."

A good friend of mine had a relative that was in a remote viewing program in the military long ago. The person said he decided the training was too intense, and apparently, there's some psychic danger involved. He resigned before learning all the techniques, but he said it's definitely "for real."

Very interesting! He could probably tell you some stuff!

I've always thought of astral projection as a means to get to the other side. But only to visit...not to stay. For the purpose of spiritual enlightenment. Something close to a near death experience but without the trauma of a possibility of death and maintaining a whole lot more control.
Apparently, we can visit people in the after life. A friend of mine said she did that. I'm a wee bit skeptical about being able to go to heaven, though. I have heard it's easier to do it sitting as that helps your soul to raise up easier since you're up...I've only got as far as my soul being risen about a foot or two above my body when lying down in a deep state of meditation.

I have tried doing it before, but at the 'crucial' moment I get excited and ruin it.
Still, I'm trying.

Since I saw that we brought up the military a bit, I can add to that.
Some time ago, I was playing a game called Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy which focused on the idea of psychic powers. In the game, you play as a man called Nick Scryer - who was a soldier in a secret program within the U.S Military known as Mindgate. Mindgate itself teaches individuals with psychic powers how to enhance them and learn more, as well as training them to be soldiers. However, Nick is mindwiped and sent into the operations of a terrorist group called the Movement, who are planning to take over Earth as the leaders of the group are all 'Psychic Elites' (Meaning their ability to use a certain psi power are greater than anyone else).

Cutting a long story short, I went into the extras menu and found something interesting. It seems some of the game's story is based on fact - that there are governments out there who are experimenting with different psychic powers such as Telekinesis, Remote Viewing and even Pyrokinesis.
Check out the video and watch it all the way through - it makes for quite a unique viewing.

I used an old 'K' release technique from way back developed at the Monroe Institute. For bi-location I use a Tibetan technique my father taught me.
I found the institute but didn't find the technique. Do you know where I can find it? Honestly, I just browsed a little, maybe I missed something... As for bi - location, can you describe it, if it's not too long?

I personally don't really use anything, I used to have a teacher - self-proclaimed shaman, but I wasn't very attentive student :) in addition to that I learned from another lady, who was Osho's follower... I'd do anything that came my way when I was younger, but I never really bothered to record anything. Now I want to start practicing a little more. I do some remote viewing sometimes, I don't think I'm very good at it. Sometimes if a person is missing, I try to see what's happened to him/her, or where the body is. So far I was pretty accurate with 2 deaths, but after that I started feeling a bit weird. As if there's somebody around me, some shadows or whatnot :) I experienced, what I think was out of body thing, but mostly after hours of doing the Castaneda exercises, and sometimes spontaneously. I saw myself moving around the room, where I was lying down. I couldn't turn around and look at myself, I could barely move, it felt I was moving through syrup or something. I wish I could do it all the time, it was pretty awesome :) I used to do Lords of Carma technique as well, it appeared as a fantasy at 1st but the effect was incredible, eye-opening.

I found the institute but didn't find the technique. Do you know where I can find it? Honestly, I just browsed a little, maybe I missed something... As for bi - location, can you describe it, if it's not too long?

I personally don't really use anything, I used to have a teacher - self-proclaimed shaman, but I wasn't very attentive student :) in addition to that I learned from another lady, who was Osho's follower... I'd do anything that came my way when I was younger, but I never really bothered to record anything. Now I want to start practicing a little more. I do some remote viewing sometimes, I don't think I'm very good at it. Sometimes if a person is missing, I try to see what's happened to him/her, or where the body is. So far I was pretty accurate with 2 deaths, but after that I started feeling a bit weird. As if there's somebody around me, some shadows or whatnot :) I experienced, what I think was out of body thing, but mostly after hours of doing the Castaneda exercises, and sometimes spontaneously. I saw myself moving around the room, where I was lying down. I couldn't turn around and look at myself, I could barely move, it felt I was moving through syrup or something. I wish I could do it all the time, it was pretty awesome :) I used to do Lords of Carma technique as well, it appeared as a fantasy at 1st but the effect was incredible, eye-opening.

I'll send you a pm tomorrow.

I don't know if anyone on the forum has heard of it. I've been wanting to do it for years. The way my life is going, I feel I keep getting pushed to keep trying. In many regards, I can't seem to catch a break in life. Maybe this could be a useful tool.
Same, like I think it's the coolest thing

I do have an update. This is taken from my notes:
I found my projection trigger today. While in a dream, if I look at the sky; I start to get pulled out of my body. I still have to focus, but with little intensity. The biggest obstacle is fear, fear of falling. I always feel strange when staring at the sky in my waking state. In dreams this feeling is exacerbated. I will use this very fear of falling/being pulled to my advantage.

I used an old 'K' release technique from way back developed at the Monroe Institute. For bi-location I use a Tibetan technique my father taught me.
I have been interested in all these subjects for many (many) years & have done a lot of reading including several of Robert Monroe's books. In my still unread pile of books is "The Tibetan Book of the Dead" .... purchased in 2013 .... that may give some insight into my MANY competing hobbies & interests, my very long 'do do' list, & my procrastination, laziness &/or possible attention deficit disorder. :confused:

Anyway, I am familiar with the Monroe Institute, but not the K technique, so am wondering what that is. I have always been tempted to purchase the Institute's series of meditation CD's but never did due to my hesitation, actually fearfulness. I worry if there are any negatives to pursuing this level of deep meditation. I guess like opening a door that should be left closed? Could/would you please share your thoughts & insights either in a new Private Discussion thread, or maybe in a small group PM with those of us who are interested? Thank you Harrison. :)

I have been interested in all these subjects for many (many) years & have done a lot of reading including several of Robert Monroe's books. In my still unread pile of books is "The Tibetan Book of the Dead" .... purchased in 2013 .... that may give some insight into my MANY competing hobbies & interests, my very long 'do do' list, & my procrastination, laziness &/or possible attention deficit disorder. :confused:

Anyway, I am familiar with the Monroe Institute, but not the K technique, so am wondering what that is. I have always been tempted to purchase the Institute's series of meditation CD's but never did due to my hesitation, actually fearfulness. I worry if there are any negatives to pursuing this level of deep meditation. I guess like opening a door that should be left closed? Could/would you please share your thoughts & insights either in a new Private Discussion thread, or maybe in a small group PM with those of us who are interested? Thank you Harrison. :)

I'll send you a pm.

New Threads

Top Bottom