• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Aspies - Facial features

I or an Aspie I am related to physically appear(s)...

• younger than I(they) actually am(are).

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • to be the age that I(they) am(are).

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • older then I(they) actually am(are).

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters

adamstu

A question to Aspies and people directly related to an Aspie;

As an Aspie do you look younger then you really are? Are you told you look good for your age? Did physically developed (i.e. loosing teeth, Long bone growth, etc.) at a slower rate or at a later age?

I'm sure other questions are surly applicable and look forward to responses in both the affirmative and the negative.

I have had so many people tell me that I look younger than I actually am. They can't believe it when I tell them how old I really am.

I am 33 now, and up until maybe two or three years ago, people were carding me at the store, for alchohol or lottery tickets. When people came to the door they asked if my parents are home. People also tend to think I am younger from my personality as well. When I was in college this girl told me that she thought i was in grade school, I don't know if she was serious or being mean. She didn't otherwise seem like a mean person.

This is something I've noticed about many of us. We do look younger than we are. Nobody has ever come close to guessing my age. Whenever I go places with my son, people assume we're a couple. The anti-ageing benefits of being an Aspie are another bonus!

I've been told I look younger than I am. People generally have quite a bit of trouble guessing my age. I'm not sure about physical development. It could have been later, but not noticeably so.

Some people tell me I look younger than I am. Depending on what I am wearing, people tell me I look older (I tend to dress older.) When I'm wearing a uniform or some kind of neutral outfit, people say I look younger. I'm 22, and I get told I look anywhere from 16 to 30.

I'm 20 but I'm usually mistaken for 18 years old. But when I grow out my facial hair I get told I look about 24 or 25. So theres a big range in there.

I've just turned 20, but people sometimes think I'm 12. Really! I do look very young for my age, but when I put my makeup on (I only ever wear eyeliner, nothing else) it makes me look around about how old I actually am lol!!

I'm 19, but most people think I look around 16 or 17. An old coworker of mine guessed I was 16 when I was 17 and then told me that I look young. A while back, one random lady said I look like a 7th grader. XD

New Threads

Top Bottom