• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Aspies and Art

I draw and paint. Growing up I was picked on a lot, and had very few friends. We moved from state to state almost yearly, which made making friends even harder.
I spent five years in Tennessee, the longest we lived in any one place, and I remember the mean kids saying I was a dog, (because I preferred to talk to dogs). One of my two friends said "draw, Cindy, draw", and I would draw dragons eating and breathing fire over little flaming people. It was how I expressed my frustration. One of those nasty kids was introducing a new boy to the class one day on the bus. When he got to me, he said, "That's Cindy. We don't know what's wrong with her, but if you're not nice to her the things she draws will come to life and kill us."

It's still my outlet. I lost my last job when the managers found out I was sketching them being eaten by giant rats.

Now I'm trying for disability, with my long track record of failed attempts at keeping a job; and I'm trying to sell paintings. I just have to get motivated. I've been spending all of my time online, reading about Asperger's.
View attachment 22762 View attachment 22763

My Facebook art page:
https://m.facebook.com/CLLewisArt/

View attachment 22762
Love it!

I am not artistic. I don't really like music, I don't write poetry, I don't paint or sculpt or sing. I like to draw, but only anatomically accurate sketches of birds for scientific purposes. I don't consider my drawings artistic expression. I like to write as well, but that is also very formulated and rule driven. My main exception to artistic indifference is with color. I love color; it is one of my obsessions. I have coloring books and apps and Pinterest boards. I like gradients and complimentary colors and cold vs. warm colors. I have hundreds of colored pencils that I love to just look at. I prefer cool, natural colors, but I like to study the brighter varieties sometimes.
ImageUploadedByAspiesCentral.com1451846429.904573.jpg

In school I was always told to just draw an object...which I could do just fine...then I fell out with my art teacher and then didn't do any art for like 7 years. When I went back to it I found that I was doing mostly minimal and abstract art. I don't put a lot of thought into my art and I LOVE that. Doing this kind of art and playing guitar is such a nice break for my overactive mind.

I was always into drawing, painting and photography. Art was one of the few subjects I was interested enough in to get good grades in school. I then studied graphic design and photography, worked 5 years in Graphic Design (employed and self employed) before I turned my hobby - or should I say my obsession - to my full time job. Now I am a professional landscape photographer with my own brick-and-mortar gallery and can make a living with something I love doing.

I was never really interested in any science subjects, although I can easily remember up to 20 digits, see patterns in numbers and still remember every birthday of any person I met in the 34 years of my life so far.

So yes, art is a big part of my life, if not the biggest.

Here is a story I wrote!
Erotimania

Amy Rose one day looked at her self in the Mirror and saw she was not really that pretty anymore...

She told herself surely, "Better put on some makeup.."

Someone told her, "Like a slut!"

Amy Rose looked up and asked, “who said that...”

Her reflection answered, "I did slut..."

She told it firmly, "Well I am not a slut..."

Her reflection answered, "Look what you did to Sonic..."

She looked at her bed and there was Sonic laying in it...

She told her reflection, "He's fine..."

Her Reflection said, "Look again *****..."

Amy looked again... There was Sonic laying in a pool of blood with a large knife in his stomach with a look of Horror on his... Fresh signs of rape surrounded the corps!

Amy asked scared, "who did that?"

Her reflection told, "You did slut!"

Amy said, "Well that gets rid of any further chances with him..."

Her reflection told her calmly "Try the Fox Boy... he is cute and obvoiusly loves you!"

Amy said, "Yeah... He! HE! He does!"

Amy proceeded to clean the room with leach and other harsh cimicals burning the body in her furnace and making sure to dispose of everything in the furnace with it....

Tails walked about looking for Sonic... Amy suddenly came out of no where and asked, "Wanna date!?"

Tails asked, "What about Sonic..."

Amy stated, "Eh that loser... Who cares...."

Tails looked, "You know were he is..."

Amy told him, " Hey? he left me..."

Tails told her back, "He was never with you..."

Amy told, "Oh yes he was...."

im not very creative but want to be, i really appreciate art and im slowly learning how to sketch and draw fairly well. this thread reminds me of the joke in the IT crowd you know the you are on the artistic spectrum one

I think most of you know music is the art form I perform and write, and naturally love but, I also like paintings, drawings, portraits and photography - other people's not my own. I fear my only real talents are music and cooking and, I don't know that cooking art unless you're a food stylist. :) My cooking isn't anyway, it just tastes good.

i actually used to get told that Asperger's makes you less artistic and creative and less emotional which is obviously all wrong and not true, when i was told it by people who did not understand the condition i believed it because i was young and gullible and i think it stopped me pursuing arts as a hobby something im now trying to do more as a hobby to catch up on.

I have been a musician since I was very young and have played he keyboard in many concerts. It has helped me to express myself. I was also an avid reader starting very early and love to write although my handwriting is illegible to many people. It is the content that counts however.

Oh and chess. Can't leave that out as an art and way to make a point to the world one person at a time instead of having them on me all at once.

Oh, and I totally understand and agree with you Jonathan, didn't mean to others were talking too. An Aspie moment on my part perhaps... :oops:

New Threads

Top Bottom