• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Aspie Valedictorian

That's a really inspiring story. Not to mention that it comes out of my local newspaper.

“Sometimes it’s not even a shyness, sometimes it’s like a fear, a fear of socialness.”

Finally, another that did as I did. I was Valedictorian, then graduated university Magna Cum Laude. (Yes all but my final year of university was via correspondence.)

I did not know I was an Aspie at the time and was not in special education but, I did have to go to the school speech therapist until fifth grade. I misspoke and misspelled words. I spelled them as I pronounced them so, I came up with things like:
pethgity (spaghetti)
ilunfuntin (elephant)
Beberly (Beverly)
howsh (house)

Those are just the few I remember now.

Math beyond what I could count on my fingers, I never got but, by sixth grade we were allowed to use calculators so, it never mattered.

New Threads

Top Bottom