• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

ASD1? 2? And 3?

The best I've been able to figure out is through learning enough about yourself and your requirements/reactions to prevent it. Once I'm burnt out, it's too late and I can only pick up the pieces.

Self-knowledge is the greatest tool, in my experience, especially knowing about ASD and how it affects each of us in particular.

Prevention is the only way, in my experience. I need to remember to focus on maintaining stability. Checking in with myself to catch the early warning signs of burnout (which it's taken me SO long to learn). And taking "mental health vacations" periodically in order to restore my peace.
It's a mystery to me what burns me out apart from erratic schedules, multitasking, travels and unnecesary participation in large social events.

New Threads

Top Bottom