• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Are you immune to Flu jabs? Have you ever had them?

I stopped getting flu shots years ago. I just stay away from people, frequently wash my hands, never touch my face, eat and sleep well. I also use sanitary wipes on the handles of shopping carts. I've had flu only once in my life, about 25 years ago.

My husband works at a major trauma center and teaching hospital where it is mandatory for him to get an annual flu shot. Last fall, a student nurse stuck him in the wrong place on his upper arm. Those shots are supposed to be intramuscular shots and the placement of the needle is very important. He developed a terrible soreness and lump where she placed the needle, he had to see a doctor, take steroids and a round of physical therapy to ease the pain which lasted over 6 months. The doctor told him that she sees numerous people every year who suffer from and are injured by improperly placed vaccinations and that she would never allow a student nurse to inject her with anything. This year, husband will insist on having an experienced nurse or doctor give him the shot.

At the first sign of a cold or flu, I drink plenty of water and strap a slice of raw garlic on my skin somewhere with a sticking plaster. Garlic is a very powerful anti biotic and gets into your blood stream via your skin quickly.

I never have any problems.

I've had the shots and I've chosen not to. I don't think it really matters because more than likely it's not going to be for the right virus. But if I have a new grandchild I plan to be around a lot, I'll go ahead and get one. They usually make me feel bad for a day or two.

At the first sign of a cold or flu, I drink plenty of water and strap a slice of raw garlic on my skin somewhere with a sticking plaster. Garlic is a very powerful anti biotic and gets into your blood stream via your skin quickly.

I never have any problems.

At the first sign of a respiratory problem, I make a killer French onion soup with tons of onions, garlic, beef and chicken broth, red wine, and lots of fresh rosemary from my garden. All those ingredients have been used for centuries for colds, sinus problems, lung infections, etc. Our ancient ancestors were not stupid. I raised my children on this soup, and grandchildren now, to treat respiratory illnesses. It's a good, homeopathic remedy for a common malady.

At the first sign of a respiratory problem, I make a killer French onion soup with tons of onions, garlic, beef and chicken broth, red wine, and lots of fresh rosemary from my garden. All those ingredients have been used for centuries for colds, sinus problems, lung infections, etc. Our ancient ancestors were not stupid. I raised my children on this soup, and grandchildren now, to treat respiratory illnesses. It's a good, homeopathic remedy for a common malady.

Hi Mary Terry my remedy for a chest infection is steam inhalation.

I stopped getting flu shots years ago. I just stay away from people, frequently wash my hands, never touch my face, eat and sleep well. I also use sanitary wipes on the handles of shopping carts. I've had flu only once in my life, about 25 years ago.

My husband works at a major trauma center and teaching hospital where it is mandatory for him to get an annual flu shot. Last fall, a student nurse stuck him in the wrong place on his upper arm. Those shots are supposed to be intramuscular shots and the placement of the needle is very important. He developed a terrible soreness and lump where she placed the needle, he had to see a doctor, take steroids and a round of physical therapy to ease the pain which lasted over 6 months. The doctor told him that she sees numerous people every year who suffer from and are injured by improperly placed vaccinations and that she would never allow a student nurse to inject her with anything. This year, husband will insist on having an experienced nurse or doctor give him the shot.

Husband just told me that the problem he had with badly placed vaccination shot is called "SIRVA shoulder", for "shoulder injury resulting from vaccine administration". It is medically known and requires treatment.

Hi Mary Terry my remedy for a chest infection is steam inhalation.

That is a great remedy. Do you do it in the shower or using an inhaler type thing? I well remember holding my croupy, congested babies in a hot steamy shower to loosen up their lungs decades ago. It is so scary with little ones when they struggle to breath.

That is a great remedy. Do you do it in the shower or using an inhaler type thing? I well remember holding my croupy, congested babies in a hot steamy shower to loosen up their lungs decades ago. It is so scary with little ones when they struggle to breath.

I use a bowl of boiling water with a towel over my head.

Topic.

I have had several Flu jabs over the years, and I still get 2 or 3 colds a year which may or may not be Flu related.

How about you guys? OK I know some of you might be loath to have the job due to fear of the Needle, bur ir could in theory save your life if it works,
I usually get sick once or twice a year. Since this summer has been hot and rainy in the northeast, I am strongly thinking getting the flu vaccine this year is a good idea. The weather has been conducive to viruses.

LOL. Having to live in the tropics, I had to get every inoculation conceivable before the Navy would let me board a ship. But flu shots...had 'em as a kid, still got the flu like clockwork between 4 and 8 years old. :rolleyes:

Too many strains out there. It's not rocket science. And not all immune systems are created equal.

Imagine science discovering the cure to the "common" cold. Where they discover that it's not so common as they thought. Where the cure only works some percentage of the time based on whatever strain it might actually be.

The good news? Luckily I never got typhus, beriberi or malaria. :cool:

The bad news? You probably read my posts about being exposed to DDT. :eek:

Last edited:
I've had the flu jab the last two years but it didn't stop me getting the flu. They say it was because the virus mutated!

I've heard that flu shots aren't 100 percent effective, and I haven't gotten the flu in several years, so I really don't think they are necessary. I think it's actually better to let my immune system do the job it's supposed to do. I'm also not that fond of needles.

New Threads

Top Bottom