• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Are people with ASDs picky eaters?

One think I hate about business events they normal serve sandwiches and they normally have mayo on it. I can't stand mayo.

Eating with me can be very tricky. I have my limitations of what i'm willing to eat. I feel I'm the few in my family that very picky in eating.

I'm not picky in terms of what I will eat. However when I am full I stop eating. This isn't a problem when I serve myself but can be a bit embarrassing going out for dinner to other people's homes. I actually feel sick if I try to eat beyond being full.

I always have been a picky eater, I won't eat anything that's deemed "healthy", my diet consists of Pizza Baguettes, frozen food, chips and sugar filled cereals, in fact probably the most healthy things I eat are Porridge and sometimes 3 Weetabix (I've had 3 for 40 years most mornings, been accused of being greedy for it but I don't care).

I can be picky with brands too. I know it can be harder for someone on a limited income that is not able to get a brand that they might prefer.

I'm more a repetitive eater than a picky one. I always get the same thing at restaurants, and often go to specific restaurants just for that one food. I do have lots of food sensitivities so i have to be limited in what I eat, but I like variety and flavor. i don't mind trying new things, but if I like the new thing I may obsessively eat it for months.

Awful here. I almost starved to death and they said I had anorexia but I did not. I literally had to stop eating because food made no sense to me at all beginning age 14. I still hate food. I injured my jaw and now cannot even the 5 foods I used to eat. I hate food so much. If it were not for food I would have been able to enjoy somehtihng in life, but I literally have not had one single day where I was not TORTURED by food. I HATE IT.

New Threads

Top Bottom