• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Are Brown Eyes Really More Dominate?

Mine change and are sort of tye-died most often, and have bands of blue or gold,
image.jpg
but can seem darker brown at times?

I have brown eyes although my friends and acquaintances all fall into blue or green. My mother had one of each, one blue and one green, used to freak me out.

I learned in school that brown eyes are supposed to be more dominate, but I must say that most people I meet actually have blue or green eyes. So I was wondering if it's true and brown eyes are more dominate here at Aspie Central.

What color of eyes do you have?

I have dark brown and Grumpy Cat has blue and Waldo has green/orange.
I believe blue or green eyes are more common in Kansas, where I think you live, but where I now live, brown eyes are far more common.

I have blue eyes. If I'm really happy, they are a bright blue. If I'm more relaxed or sad, they're greyish. My husband is hazel-eyed. Most of my family has brown or hazel eyes, but I guess a third of them are blue eyed.

That can't be right. The fact that I have blue eyes has nothing to do with this opinion.

I usually classify myself as hazel as that's what the official said when I went to get my driver's license x years ago. In reality, they are light brown in the middle, bluish greenish grey around the outside.
My father has blue/grey eyes, my mother is a light brown.
My brother ended up with brown eyes - which seems to break the brown gene dominate theory as if a parent carried the brown gene they should have had brown themselves.
My wife has one green, one blue.
My kids have ended up with the blue/grey.

I have dark brown eyes.
My brother has dark brown eyes.
My mum and her family have dark brown eyes (they're Chinese).
My dad has green eyes.

My mom has green eyes, my dad, sister and brother has blue eyes, and I have green eyes with some brown

Dark brown eyes. Though my mom and one of my brothers have brown eyes that are different; they get lighter during the warmer months.

I think it makes complete sense that brown eyes are dominant. I was born with bright blue eyes, later they turned green and then brown. My older son was born with blue eyes, they turned green when he was about 1,5. My younger son was born with brown eyes, they were almoust black. Now he has absolutely gorgeous color... not sure what to compare it with... sort of red-brown, not hazel... but I guess more chocolate brown.

I think it makes complete sense that brown eyes are dominant. I was born with bright blue eyes, later they turned green and then brown. My older son was born with blue eyes, they turned green when he was about 1,5. My younger son was born with brown eyes, they were almoust black. Now he has absolutely gorgeous color... not sure what to compare it with... sort of red-brown, not hazel... but I guess more chocolate brown.

That's interesting to know - I was born with very dark brown eyes (or so they appear in photos), yet later on I got my current blue-grey eyes. The baby photo always freaked me out & I was convinced my parents must have picked up the wrong kid at the hospital!

My mum has green eyes and my dad has the same blue-grey eyes as me. My grandmother (mother's side) has brown eyes and my grandmother (father's side) had green eyes. I think dark brown eyes are so pretty.

That's interesting to know - I was born with very dark brown eyes (or so they appear in photos), yet later on I got my current blue-grey eyes. The baby photo always freaked me out & I was convinced my parents must have picked up the wrong kid at the hospital!

My mum has green eyes and my dad has the same blue-grey eyes as me. My grandmother (mother's side) has brown eyes and my grandmother (father's side) had green eyes. I think dark brown eyes are so pretty.
I was born with very dark eyes (written as black on my birth certificate). They got lighter with time and now are a regular dark brown. I was also born very pale skin (white, really, as it took time for my skin cells to produce melanin), and I got darker with time (it's funny looking at baby pictures. Over the course of 2 months, I looked like three different infants haha). The human body is a strange specimen.

New Threads

Top Bottom