• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Anyone writing a book?

I have thousands of pages on about 5-10 books, most of which are novels. However, the problem is that I write, read what I wrote, and get so critical of myself that I tend to start over or scrap. My wife hates to read, and I don't really trust others with something so personal as reading unfinished work. On the few occasions that I have, people tended to like what I wrote. My job makes finding the time to complete a book difficult, but that is really just an excuse.

I started working on a memoir this year, or maybe the last. I haven't decided whether I'll self-publish or not. I mean, I don't know... pitching editors isn't easy, and rejection is really hard when you've got depression already. >.>

As for fiction, I'm working on a fictitious story that includes a lot of psychological stuff... it's rather interesting, but it's not so direct you know it right off the bat. I was planning for it to be a series, but meh. It's still going. I've been working on this thing since about eleventh grade. Woot. :|

As for fiction, I'm working on a fictitious story that includes a lot of psychological stuff... it's rather interesting, but it's not so direct you know it right off the bat. I was planning for it to be a series, but meh. It's still going. I've been working on this thing since about eleventh grade. Woot. :|
Sounds interesting, I'd be happy to read it when it's done.

I started a distopian book too and i made a world from scratch but the thing is, I had everything planed out already, how the first book would end and stuff but i got so "i want to finish the book" that i droped it....

So now im doing a short storie for kids ... its simple and its lighter... so i hope i dont get like that again.

I think when you lack of inspiration is good to just stop, and look arround ( going arround you´r town our such) our read a book, watch some series.

I'm writing one on living with Asperger's. I want it phrased in a way that family, friends, and educators of Aspies can all understand. Well, I'm not really working on it currently... lol

Haven't worked on it in over a year.... I just transferred the doc to this imac and that's about it. Lol

I'm writing one on living with Asperger's. I want it phrased in a way that family, friends, and educators of Aspies can all understand. Well, I'm not really working on it currently... lol

Haven't worked on it in over a year.... I just transferred the doc to this imac and that's about it. Lol
Ah, that's sort of what my memoir is, but it's got other mental illnesses, disorders, etc. I have, as well as what I've been through.

I thought about it a long time ago, but i feel somehow determined to start a book about my life, from early childhood going all up to adulthood. The text will be mainly autobiographical, with descriptive notes about the location where I spent my childhood and the places I visited. The main themes of the work will be about existential crisis, religious identity, life failure, love, nature, destiny, origins ( I will have to think what I will add later on ). I still have to choose a suitable title for the book, maybe Aspergers - A Lifes Tale ( in german ,, Aus dem Leben eines Aspergers " ). First I will have to write it in my native language and after that I will get it translated in english and german as accurate as possible.

Writing a novel myself, accidentally horror based but what can you do the characters go where they want to. I'm new here so I don't know if this is a thing, but if it is pm me love to talk with a fellow writer.

Writing a novel myself, accidentally horror based but what can you do the characters go where they want to. I'm new here so I don't know if this is a thing, but if it is pm me love to talk with a fellow writer.

Nice to meet you :) I'm a writer and an editor, and since I posted this topic my book has come along slightly, but not much.

Right now, I have a character that won't talk to me, so i am having trouble writing her. However, another character is rambling on so I may have to add a preface of just her. Usually writer's block improves if I listen to music or change location. No such luck this time. She's an antagonist and I haven't written a complex antagonist before.

Mostly, I write non-fiction but this story has been rolling around my head a couple years.

The trouble with my main character is that she is pretty much me, but enhanced, and I have no idea what I'm doing, so I have no idea what she's doing either :S

I had started a book in 2004 with the desire to have it finished within a year. Then I gave myself two years. Then I decided every even-numbered year I would completely rewrite it as my understanding of story-telling and coherency increased, and that would generally get me unstuck from certain dead ends. And then I started my webcomic and haven't touched it since. I'll go back to it and finish it someday. It's been simmering for a few years and my webcomic has given me a lot more experience with writing, which I am also slowly turning into a book.

I really should just stick to short stories!

The trouble with my main character is that she is pretty much me, but enhanced, and I have no idea what I'm doing, so I have no idea what she's doing either :S

I feel like that about all my characters, but they are aspects of me. They have easier problems because life isn't as complicated when you see it as an outsider. What would your character do if she was following the advice of someone she implicitly trusts? Or would she even listen at first?

I had started a book in 2004 with the desire to have it finished within a year. Then I gave myself two years. Then I decided every even-numbered year I would completely rewrite it as my understanding of story-telling and coherency increased, and that would generally get me unstuck from certain dead ends. And then I started my webcomic and haven't touched it since. I'll go back to it and finish it someday. It's been simmering for a few years and my webcomic has given me a lot more experience with writing, which I am also slowly turning into a book.

I really should just stick to short stories!

You can do it! You should apply for the Harper Voyager contest in October, then I could have someone to kick me into gear. I'll totally harass you until your novel's done if you want.

P.S. totally jealous of your gaming troll wish I was that awesome.

I feel like that about all my characters, but they are aspects of me. They have easier problems because life isn't as complicated when you see it as an outsider. What would your character do if she was following the advice of someone she implicitly trusts? Or would she even listen at first?
The whole premise of the story is that she's living in way that other people are tied to her without her consent, she wouldn't have a trusted anyone, so she wouldn't take advice. She's a bit of a b*itch to be honest LOL

The whole premise of the story is that she's living in way that other people are tied to her without her consent, she wouldn't have a trusted anyone, so she wouldn't take advice. She's a bit of a b*itch to be honest LOL

Sounds very "refusal of the call" Refusal of the Call
she has every right to not want to take that on, make her runaway or hide or do whatever that feeling makes you feel. She's allowed even if only for a short while.

New Threads

Top Bottom