• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Anyone speak Spanish

Sylar

So I'm a fan of the REC film series and found out a few days ago that there is a novel and a collected version of comics. The problem is that they were only published in Spanish (the films are Spanish if you didn't know). I ordered them both from amazon anyway determined to experience everything this franchise has to offer. I've already started some online lessons and will buy a Spanish to English dictionary.

I was just wondering if anyone here knew Spanish and would be willing to help me learn. Or if you know any second language and have any tips on the best ways to learn one.

I took a few semesters of Spanish in college (I can't speak it well, I can sort of read it with some assistance from Google), one thing that I did that helped me a little was watching The Simpsons on DVD with Spanish audio tracks (all of the DVDs from Season 3 onward have this). And, of course, as you're touched on upon, there are plenty of Spanish-language films from Spain, Mexico, and elsewhere that would probably be worth watching if you want to learn the language.

Also, this site has pretty good free lessons in several languages:

Livemocha - Free Online Language Learning - Free Lessons Online

I learned Spanish as a kid if you would like any help. I've acquired a couple of others since then and I find the best way to do it is to research the grammar and basic sentence structures, gain a hearty vocabulary, and then head on to learning the conjugations in that order. At least that's what works for me, but everybody's different. Worst case scenario, you can translate them on the internet. If you have any questions let me know and I'll try to help. Many of my friends are born speakers and I can get information from them if I don't have the answers. : ) Hope this wasn't late. You've probably finished with them by now but... oi vey.

When translating text from Spanish into English verb that have been conjugated will most likely not be conjugated in normal dictionary. [www.spanishdict.com] works well. In English we conjugate our words with out thinking about it.

Eat (present). Eat (past)
I eat. I ate
You eat You ate
He/she eats. He/she ate
They eat. They Ate
We eat. We ate

Every verb has a conjugation and understanding them is a big part. SpanishDict | English to Spanish Translation, Dictionary, Translator will list the conjugations of both English and Spanish words for you. It is helpful to understand whether something already has, is, or will happen. Understanding the way sentences are structured helps a lot.

There is a website called Wwww.duolingo.com and they have an app available. You select the language you want to learn and through writing, speaking, and reading you will begin to learn. The program may seem a little too forward at first because it doesn't teach you how to do everything before you begin, but if you stick with it the app works well.

New Threads

Top Bottom