• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Anyone else really alone in their struggles with Aspergers?

matt000333

Hi my name Is Matt and I just wanted to say im really alone in this battle with aspergers and I dont know what to do I live with my grandma and she is supportive but not understanding and doesnt listen to me about my issues or is tired of hearing them at this point and she is all I got Suggestions?

Welcome Matt! I'm Church, it's nice to meet you.
Many of us have had periods of being alone in this struggle, all of us having different details in our stories. I'm pretty new here myself but so far I've enjoyed my time and experience. Come, pull up a chair, watch as discussions rise and fall, meet new people, ask questions, allow people to support you but remember to support others. Start participating in some of the discussions. Let people (gradually) know who you are and start making a place for yourself on this forum.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask. We have lots of people here who like to pitch in and support each one of us.

Don't think of it as a battle, and don't expect other people to get you unless they really do know about aspergers. Acceptance of things and reading and research are your way to come to terms with it. As you learn about your differences, you learn about yourself as a person too.

Welcome Matt! I'm Church, it's nice to meet you.
Many of us have had periods of being alone in this struggle, all of us having different details in our stories. I'm pretty new here myself but so far I've enjoyed my time and experience. Come, pull up a chair, watch as discussions rise and fall, meet new people, ask questions, allow people to support you but remember to support others. Start participating in some of the discussions. Let people (gradually) know who you are and start making a place for yourself on this forum.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask. We have lots of people here who like to pitch in and support each one of us.
Good point

I have noticed how I often get on people's nerves, especially my family's, when it comes to my problems. It works similar to grieving a loved one. When you lose a loved one, people will understand for a while but they will eventually move on while the pain is still fresh inside you. To many who aren't stuck with the problem, they do tire of hearing about it. But to be fair, that's because everyone fights their own battles and everyone, friends, family, neighbors get drained over time.

It's important to remember that we all need to be uplifted. When our problems get on others' nerves, perhaps we can work to uplift them in return. I often find myself forcing "bonding time" with friends and family where we don't talk about anything heavy or important but instead just enjoy each others' company and restore each others' energy. You would be surprised how much you will help your struggles when you turn to help another with their struggles.

I have been guilty of... draining the people around me for so long. It is something I work hard to keep in check. That is why I work hard to cook for my family and play games with them and drink coffee on the porch with them, even when I don't want to. We restore ourselves when we restore others.

Hi Matt, just remember that you belong to a very special group of people... less than 1% of the population depending on what poll you look at. Your diagnosis tells you that you are not a "normal" or "average" member of society and that can surely only be applauded. Just look at the mess the NT's are making in the world! Embrace your average to higher intelligence, embrace your special interests and ability to concentrate for long periods of time and most of all enjoy your ability to experience the world in a most unique way. You sir, are "autastic"!

I was wondering, how you get your money every month. you knock the government all the time, so is the Government pay you,

Hi my name Is Matt and I just wanted to say im really alone in this battle with aspergers and I dont know what to do I live with my grandma and she is supportive but not understanding and doesnt listen to me about my issues or is tired of hearing them at this point and she is all I got Suggestions?
you should be glad that you are not the only one as I struggle with aspergers as well. the mainly I hate is the noise in the class and the fact that the class has no rules. rules make me safe, having no rules scare me. I also don't feel safe around certain classmates

Hi Matt, just remember that you belong to a very special group of people... less than 1% of the population depending on what poll you look at. Your diagnosis tells you that you are not a "normal" or "average" member of society and that can surely only be applauded. Just look at the mess the NT's are making in the world! Embrace your average to higher intelligence, embrace your special interests and ability to concentrate for long periods of time and most of all enjoy your ability to experience the world in a most unique way. You sir, are "autastic"!

Autastic, I like it.:)

I feel alone for the most part. I have a close friend from high school that's an aspie as well. We had a very strong connection but could never figure it out. She was diagnosed about 2 years ago. I haven't been officially diagnosed yet, but my son was diagnosed about a year ago, because if that I figured out that I probably have it as well. We've always remained very close since H.S.(we graduated in 03). We both battle drug addiction, alcoholism, failed relationships, breakdowns( she has been hospitalized 3 times). But through everything we've both been there for each other(were 500 miles apart).My wife didn't understand at first and would get mad that we talked all the time. She understands better now. Long story short if you can find someone who is like us, someone who you can call or text any time. It helps ALOT.

I feel very alone when I have my difficulties; when I have a meltdown at the end of the day it's only me that knows about what happened. I simply tell noone because noone around me understands it fully and I feel like there's no point on saying it

New Threads

Top Bottom