• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Any Writers?

Galaxy Freeze

Do any of you guys have a passion for writing stories or novels?

I do. I'm constantly writing in my notebooks and typing them on the computer. I'm writing a horror novel right now, in fact! I love having an unlimited imagination, that I can just describe my characters and the world they live in. A lot of people nowadays just think it's tedious and boring, but to me it's fun. I can totally lose myself in it! Funny thing, though, I love to write but I don't actually READ very often. lol

I write quite a lot as well. I have a notebook where I just jot down every interesting thought I have, and sometimes I develop that into a story. I also write raps and poetry on occasion, it all depends on how I'm feeling :) Forward me a link to your book when you're done writing!

Cool! Yes, I certainly will! I've just restarted it because I've changed the entire plot (haha), but it should be done within... eh, probably about a year. It's hard to say, some days I work on it more than others.

My sister is publishing her first few works now. I write more for myself. I... Have a passion for stories. They're who, and what, I am.

I am the Author; the Chronicler of Histories, Dreams, and Stories. I embody imagination; the cornerstone of innovation, the source of creation.

I am Perry Holia Kerrith.

That was... That was my attempt at a dramatic entrance. But if any of you meet the Composer and/or the Artisan, please let me know.

I love writing about things in very great detail and a habit of making my sentences very long that contain several clauses, using listing, and piling one plenty of colourful, evocative, dramatic phonologically pleasing adjectives or adding an adverb to each adjective.

Every time I go to the movies, I like to write a review. I'm currently writing a very long novel that's partly about Asperger's - although, like The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime the syndrome is never named - and it's about a lot of other things as well.

I've always enjoyed expressing myself using the written word. I love the feeling of the keyboard underneath my fingertips, typing out all of those beautifully complex combinations of letters. I've loved writing since I was very small.

@Christian T: That's pretty awesome, you seem very talented at it, too! I usually have to think about it longer to make more elegant and complex sentences, but the end result is worth it.

I've heard of that book, my mom has it. I'll have to read it sometime!

And yeah, I feel I am way better at writing/expressing myself in typed words than with actual words coming out of my mouth, lol.

Thanks Galaxy Freeze! By the way, I'd also love to read your horror novel when it's finally finished (I also have no idea when I'm going to finish mine, because, like you, the time I spend on it is so variable, and, in addition, when I actually get to writing chapters they become much longer than I had imagined).

I actually write stuff for FanFiction. It's not good and I tend to slack off like there's no tomorrow and I often drop and re-write entire stories, but one of my stories is somewhat popular. I also had one of my poems published in high school.

It's also nice to know that there are people who obsess over every single detail in their story.

I too write, both stories packed with as much detail as I can possibly add into it, and to generally communicate my feelings, since sending texts to those who have that ability is much easier than just saying it.

Thanks Galaxy Freeze! By the way, I'd also love to read your horror novel when it's finally finished (I also have no idea when I'm going to finish mine, because, like you, the time I spend on it is so variable, and, in addition, when I actually get to writing chapters they become much longer than I had imagined).

Cool! Yeah, I'll definitely show you guys when I'm done! Heheh, yeah, you're just like me. I usually have no idea when I'll finish things and I always go back and nitpick at my word choice/grammar, and sometimes even change half the plot, lol.

So since were talking about writing, shouldn't we show off our work to everyone? I mean, it's just a lettle bit of an obsession of mine to show off my work to everyone out there so I can become THE BEST WRITER IN THE UNIVERSE!

Yeah, that'd be cool if any of you want to post stuff! I just want to wait until mine's finished, personally, before I show to people I know. Because I constantly change my mind and go and rewrite things and then I just confuse everyone, lol.

Ooh, nice! Very good imagery, and I loved how you wrote the bloodier parts! Keep going at it, I can't wait to read more when you get the chance!

Yeah, I'll definitely work on mine in the next few days. Been on a mini hiatus with it, haha.

: ) I do my fair share of Mystery/humour/philosophical pieces. I haven't written a novel in a while, but I'm starting a new one. I've been told that there's talent there, but I don't see much of it. Maybe I will publish one day, maybe not.

I do write stories as a hobby. Primarily historical dramas but, it is only a hobby, I don't publish them. I write lyrics and, sometimes full songs but, I don't share those for free often. (I do occasionally do a collaboration on a song as a favor to an artist, but I don't give away entire songs, or complete lyrics.)

I have also tried to write fan fiction. I do well with it but, I won't publish it as it is adult and, I tend to be graphic with details.

Horror is an excellent genre. I prefer short fiction and novellas, though. I tend to get lost in trying to plan for novels and fleshing them out with enough content to keep something that long afloat.

I write. Right now I'm only working on short stories. Like others in this thread, I don't know if I'd be able to manage a novel.

I typically write poetry but lately, I have started writing novels. So far I have written one novel and writing it was really fun; it was quite the adventure and I actually cried just before writing the ending because I was just so attatched to one of my characters. It still feels real to me, even many months after completing it. I've even begun to write a prequel and sequel for it as well, so I'm excited about it. It's all a journey, you know?

New Threads

Top Bottom