• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Any Twin Peaks fans?

Ambi

Are there any Twin Peaks fans out there, and are you watching Twin Peaks The Return now? Just curious about other people's impressions if they are following it. I only watched the original series recently, and have now started on The Return. Anyone who has seen it, or especially both, knows there's a lot to wonder about, lol :) My impression......not sure if this is going to tie up into anything coherent! Seems like a collection of experimental short films only loosely (very loosely) based around Twin Peaks sometimes. Or maybe that was just the last episode.

I haven't watched Twin Peaks yet but I think it's cool they have all the people back to do the return.

I lived in the area where they filmed most of the series within local businesses - there is an annual convention held in the Snoqualmie/North Bend/Fall City area that draws a lot of fans and the actors. Very good following.

I love twin peaks!
Alright then :-D If you'd like, we can use this as a thread to post thoughts! There should probably be a spoiler alert for anyone who isn't all caught up with the series. JellyBean, are you watching The Return series right now?

I'm a huge David Lynch fan but I had never watched the original Twin Peaks and thus am having a hard time with this new season. It's still interesting art though.
I did see Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me which was more disturbing than I understand the series to be.

I'm a huge David Lynch fan but I had never watched the original Twin Peaks and thus am having a hard time with this new season. It's still interesting art though.
I did see Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me which was more disturbing than I understand the series to be.
Yeah, the new season will be hard to understand without at least reading the plot of the original series! So the original series was made for regular TV, so even if violence was implied, it wasn't so explicitly shown. It was also a bit cheesy. David Lynch was most involved in season 1, and it was like Lynch's take on a soap opera, imho at least - then he wasn't very involved with season 2, and it was pretty awful - just ridiculous. Firewalk with Me, being a movie, I guess, was far more intense than it could be on TV, more explicitly shown violence and everything else (you saw it) - I only mention that, because I actually do not like viewing material like that - the storyline is intriguing though. Firewalk with me shows what led up to the Twin Peaks original series, and of course, now The return is 25 years after that original series ended. So the main plot line does come from the original series, there were many mysterious things left unexplained. I think I would have to at least read a summary of the Original Series to be able to understand the Return.

What is your favorite David Lynch movie? I've only seen a few - but my favorite was "Lost Highway".

Yeah, the new season will be hard to understand without at least reading the plot of the original series! So the original series was made for regular TV, so even if violence was implied, it wasn't so explicitly shown. It was also a bit cheesy. David Lynch was most involved in season 1, and it was like Lynch's take on a soap opera, imho at least - then he wasn't very involved with season 2, and it was pretty awful - just ridiculous. Firewalk with Me, being a movie, I guess, was far more intense than it could be on TV, more explicitly shown violence and everything else (you saw it) - I only mention that, because I actually do not like viewing material like that - the storyline is intriguing though. Firewalk with me shows what led up to the Twin Peaks original series, and of course, now The return is 25 years after that original series ended. So the main plot line does come from the original series, there were many mysterious things left unexplained. I think I would have to at least read a summary of the Original Series to be able to understand the Return.

What is your favorite David Lynch movie? I've only seen a few - but my favorite was "Lost Highway".

My favorite is also "Lost Highway" actually, and I've seen all his films. My second favorite would be "Eraserhead".

My favorite is also "Lost Highway" actually, and I've seen all his films. My second favorite would be "Eraserhead".
I only got to finish most of season 1 so I'd need to finish the rest of the original run but I'm very excited that Twin Peaks has returned, along with X-files! They were two of my faves "back in the day. Also, I second Lost Highway being the best of David Lynch's films.

New Threads

Top Bottom