• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Any advice?

XandirKai

This may be the wrong place to post this. But I am new, and would just like some input? I decided to start making videos. About things relating to being on the spectrum, and being transgender. I just was wondering if there are any things you all would like to see covered in a video? This is a big step for me, since I never thought of making videos, and I am nervous. But I'm hoping to maybe help shed some light on things I tend to go through. And maybe help someone not feel alone. This site and also youtube videos of others on the spectrum has helped me a lot. Again if this is wrong to post, please let me know. Otherwise any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! :)

Hello

First, since this is the general autism post, then not at all have you posted in the wrong one, and even if you did, I am sure the moderators would just transfer to the right post, but hey, no worries since you are ok.

Not quite sure what being a transgender has to do with it; unless you are saying you want to post a video about being a transgender and aspergic?

For me personally: how having a professional diagnosis, is not the be all and end all, of proving one is an aspie. Also we are still unique and thus, some are worse than others, etc. And how important it is to realise that we are just wired differently and guide on how to relate to an NT.

For the moment, can't think of anything else, but wish you the best :D Oh and welcome !

Thank you very much! Yeah I just want to talk about being transgender, and then about being on the spectrum. Or the very good possibility. Since I cannot afford a formal diagnosis and have no insurance. I am just struggling with how to go about it. And I'm nervous. So my brain is all mush kind of. Lol.

I personally would like to see where you drew the line between autistic androgyny and being transgender. Before I stumbled onto autism, I had no clue if I was just a tomboy or a dude stuck in a nasty female body. Leaning towards tomboy these days, but the transgender thing is still just at the back of my mind.

Hi & welcome. I would be interested in your videos. We have another member who has made videos on several Aspie topics. Or simply topics viewed from an Aspie perspective.

I am in a female body, buy my thinking, emotional dullness are more typical of those socialized to masculinity. I am more of a rather not sexual, but being married, I have found ways to compromise without appearing indifferent.

As for the whole gender thing, much of socialized masculinity is a destructive construct that severely limits males' freedom to express a full range of emotions. They're restricted emotionally & stunted from childhood messages boys receive from (often dumb) parents & from (even dumber) society. Unlike those socialized to masculinity, who are simply repressing their emotions & channeling the ones they're NOT allowed to express through acceptable pathways, I do not really HAVE them in the first place. This is NOT the same as repressing something that is there, or denying it.

The flatlined affect might appear the same to an outside observer & I have been accused of repressing my feelings by misguided observers. NO. For the most part, they simply aren't there! The few I DO get tend to be fleeting & more sensorial them evocative. Feelings like cold, hot, tired, warm, comfortable, itchy etc. are very familiar. Others are less so. By the time I notice an emotion, it tends to be gone before I can do much with it.

As for LGBTQ issues, this is a FRIENDLY place. Homophobia & bigotry of any kind is not tolerated. Even religious Aspies & Atheist ones do NOT badger each other. Hate-filled diatribes directed at anyone's sexuality, lack thereof, variability of, doesn't happen. If you make the video, those who are interested will watch it, anyone else is free not to.

Thank you very much! Yeah I just want to talk about being transgender, and then about being on the spectrum. Or the very good possibility. Since I cannot afford a formal diagnosis and have no insurance. I am just struggling with how to go about it. And I'm nervous. So my brain is all mush kind of. Lol.
I think it could be interesting. I would suggest talk about you experience from the 1st time when you noticed that you're different until now. As for the Asperger's thing. You can also talk about the symptoms from the moment when you noticed the for the 1st time. And if you're concerned about the lack of diagnosis, you can always say something like - "after doing some research I believe that my symptoms may be caused by Asperger's, even though there's no 100% guarantee but that's what I believe right now". It's not going to sound arrogant. It won't sound as you're trying to diagnose yourself but more like you are just trying to share your experience. If you're trying to get diagnosed or/and have sex change, the videos could be about your journey to freedom, or however you want to call it. I think people like journey videos... In any case, sometimes when you sit and wonder the "right" idea may never come, when you start making videos you may have clearer picture of what direction you should take. And one more thing, there's no such a thing as perfect. It's not going to be better or worse, it's going to be yours. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom