• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Anxiety

ZebraAutismo

V.I.P Member
Anxiety is not:
Cute
Glamorous
Hipster.

Anxiety is:
Puking
Tears
meltdowns
Hair pulling
pain.

Random I know but I had my first big melt down in months today and it has me down.

Anxiety is not fun. Neither are meltdowns or anything related. Most of my life has been made up of severe anxiety and meltdowns. Controlling it is hard. I find myself wishing my way out of it, but I know that I can pull through with help. Anxiety causes mental, physical, and emotional breakdowns for me. I am so glad to have help now. Anxiety is more doable with help.

Anxiety is not:
Cute
Glamorous
Hipster.

Anxiety is:
Puking
Tears
meltdowns
Hair pulling
pain.

Random I know but I had my first big melt down in months today and it has me down.

I hope you feel better soon... : )

It is more doable with help, but, finding someone whom you can trust to still care even after seeing you in all these various states is the best and the hardest to find.
Professionals are there for help, but, you know they are being paid to do so. Not as one who truly cares.
It's better than nothing though.

Anxiety is not fun. Neither are meltdowns or anything related. Most of my life has been made up of severe anxiety and meltdowns. Controlling it is hard. I find myself wishing my way out of it, but I know that I can pull through with help. Anxiety causes mental, physical, and emotional breakdowns for me. I am so glad to have help now. Anxiety is more doable with help.
It is. I am finally managing to cope with the support I have at the moment.

Anxity for me is physical pain, puking, mental breakdown etc. I hate it.

It is more doable with help, but, finding someone whom you can trust to still care even after seeing you in all these various states is the best and the hardest to find.
Professionals are there for help, but, you know they are being paid to do so. Not as one who truly cares.
It's better than nothing though.
True. I have some caring friends and family even if sometimes they can't aunderstand it. I have some amazing support staff (and some rubbish ones) at collage.

Thankyou. I'm afraid today is not much better. I had a seizure for the first time in months.

Maybe thats the worst of it... Its ebb and flow and now its hopefully ran its course and things will start to go back toward the better side of things... I shake horribly sometimes but as far as I know I have never had an actual seizure... The thought of that terrifies me, because often if you have one and it becomes public knowledge, they can pull my drivers license, which would take my life away basically. I do hope you are feeling better. : )

Maybe thats the worst of it... Its ebb and flow and now its hopefully ran its course and things will start to go back toward the better side of things... I shake horribly sometimes but as far as I know I have never had an actual seizure... The thought of that terrifies me, because often if you have one and it becomes public knowledge, they can pull my drivers license, which would take my life away basically. I do hope you are feeling better. : )
That's what my Mum and teachers said. I also have epilepsy so not autism related.

My wife recently bought me hemp oil, as she read that it helps with anxiety on other Asperger's/Autism forums. Though I don't have full on panic attacks often, every day I have a very nervous energy (that's the best way to describe it, despite the fact that most descriptions with the word "energy" set off my pseudo science alarm bells). I just started taking it. I will post again to let everyone know if it helped or not. Also, if anyone has any other techniques that help, please let us know.

New Threads

Top Bottom