• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

An obsession with Films & their characters

Nacho

Hello guys, I'm Nacho, 18 year old Spanish guy. Very nice to meet you. I hope you will enjoy my thread.

I've been kind of obsessed with drama movies for a long time. For example, I have created a list of some films I can not stop thinking about.

- Twilight & subsequent movies
-The fault in our stars (after watching the movie and crying to sleep, I decided to read the book and something similar happened at a point of the book).
-The Bridge (US version)(Series). The main character, Diana Kruger is an Aspie and I have identificated myself so much with her it makes me cry when she is misunderstood or I can see she is anxious about something.

I like to put myself in the position of these people, I could say I am a pretty empathic guy, not with real people, but with fictional people and animals that are wounded or dead in films. It's weird, sorry if I am creeping you out.
Some other day I will write a full review about The Bridge (series), since I can't literally stop thinking about it and I want you to understand me better. All I want is you to enjoy my post and maybe someone will feel like me.

Nacho

PS: Sorry if something in this thread has been harmful to someone. I apologize in advance

Hi Nacho

Nice to meet you.

I too become obsessed with TV shows and their characters.

In recent times these have included:

- Breaking Bad
- True Blood
- The Big Bang Theory
- Orange is the new Black

Once I get hooked, I literally can't stop watching them. I can watch an entire season in a day (quite disruptive to the rest of my life).

I love TV shows - a lot :)

Hi Nacho

Nice to meet you.

I too become obsessed with TV shows and their characters.

In recent times these have included:

- Breaking Bad
- True Blood
- The Big Bang Theory
- Orange is the new Black

Once I get hooked, I literally can't stop watching them. I can watch an entire season in a day (quite disruptive to the rest of my life).

I love TV shows - a lot :)
Hello square_peg a pleasure to meet you. I never heard about True Blood and "Orange is the new black", I might have to have a look at them if you think they are good. I personally recommend you The Bridge as I stated above. Again thank you for your response, have a great day square_peg

I am so bad with this.
The more complex the worlds and plot lines, the better. Lately I've been obsessed with Killjoys and Dark matter, the new science fiction shows from Space/Syfy. and Mr Robot. Go watch Mr. Robot.

Breaking Bad was a good one and I consumed Better Call Saul just because it offered more information about the universe. I just couldn't get enough.

I'm watching a lot of Supernatural but sometimes the plots are so simple I end up calling it before it happens. Not going to stop me from watching every episode.
I draw while I watch so I can feel a little better at how much time I spend watching shows but I still spend a lot of time watching TV.

My entire world revolves around Ben...

image.png

A central character in the movie...

image.png

Throughout the years I have obsessed over multiple films/tv shows. I can also empathize and relate to fictional characters but not real people. When it comes to real life, I can only empathize with animals. I have heard about The Bridge but I have never watched it. My current tv obsessions are NBC's Hannibal and BBC's Sherlock. They have been my obsession for the last couple of years, though.

Throughout the years I have obsessed over multiple films/tv shows. I can also empathize and relate to fictional characters but not real people. When it comes to real life, I can only empathize with animals. I have heard about The Bridge but I have never watched it. My current tv obsessions are NBC's Hannibal and BBC's Sherlock. They have been my obsession for the last couple of years, though.
I highly recommend you to try the Bridge, you surely won't be disappointed :) it's very nice since the first chapter.

New Threads

Top Bottom