• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

"Agressive" Avoidant personality disorder

King_Oni

V.I.P Member
Just got wondering something after my last blog about avoidant personality disorders and the relation to Aspegers (or autism in general).

In general I feel that a lot of avoidant personality disorder related stuff is more "passive". Also in the sense that "we" rather just not deal with people. But what if... WE MUST?

Currently I'm having such an issue. It's not that I can say "no I will not deal with it", nor do I have anyone around who will help me out there. I have to sort some **** out myself, and it in general starts with "can I have support for this or that".

Now; I have looked at how I act with said disorder. Yes, I tend to avoid people in general, but if I have to, I'm putting up a fence, dig a trench and roll out barbed wire. I'll probably educate said person in a flurry of arguments, and with that leave them speechless. My work is done. That's how I resolve issues. I don't care for dialogue... most of the time I'll ramble on for 5 minutes and leave them to sort out what I just said. And to be honest, it's never nonsensical rambling... I feel that I'm quite prepared in whatever statement I have to make.

Thus I'm putting a spin on AvPD and not keeping it passive. That also makes me a person that's hard to deal with. I know how to defend myself with words and arguments and I will do so on each and every occaision. Cause of that people at job centers think that, because I can pull out good arguments and seem kinda "well-spoken", that I don't "suffer" from any "issues" I might have. To them autism is like some mute who can, like Rain man (which obviously is the wrong stereotype), guess the number of rubberbands in a pot. So their assessment of the situation is far from the truth... the reason I act like this, and with that act rational and impolite in an informal manner (because I don't care for whatever someone brings to the table)... it's merely an instinct, a reflex... of the verbal kind if you will. Some people who cannot deal with people will just tell people to bugger off and punch them in the face, I'm choosing a more pacifist route and try to talk sense into them and spewing out MY side of the story. Yes, that's egotistical, but if you talk to me about something, especially if it's companies... it's about me, not them. They want to know something about me... ask and ye shall receive.

Don't think it makes me a good "speaker", but I can stand up for myself, which is something I'm quite happy about. I don't really panic if spoken to (unless it's something I don't care about or is just small talk; I can deal with "formal situations")

However, I'm wondering;

Does anyone else have this "agressive" way of coping with Avoidant Personality Disorder?

New Threads

Top Bottom